GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. obsidian6

WTT: My OEM R32 Omanyts for your... (SOCAL)

Hi guys, So I've been running these wheels for the past couple years, but when I got them I was on an H&R Sport Cup Kit and I begrudgingly gave up my Flik FTDs (because for me, my car was too low with them). I love the look of these wheels, but I want to go back to a 17" for the time being as...
  2. obsidian6

FS: H&R Sport Cup-Kit, Used but Complete

Hi guys, so I basically put my car back to stock for the forseeable future. It just works better for me this way these days. I have removed my H&R cup kit from my car and it is back in the box. There is somewhere around 50-55k miles on this suspension so it is obviously used, but not abused...
  3. obsidian6

RS GTI on Omanyts

Hey guys, I wound up trading my FTDs with another member for his Omanyts, I actually quite like how they look on my car! What do you guys think? *Note: I was trying to give the photo a cinematic look haha PS if any photo-nerds care: Taken w/ 5DmkII + Carl Zeiss ZE 35mm f/2 Distagon
  4. obsidian6

In need of Wheel / Tire advice

Hey guys, Like so many of us, I was repulsed by the stock height of my GTI when I purchased it, I had the car lowered not too long into my ownership with an H&R Sport Cup-Kit and at the time I had the 17" Classix w/ stock Contis, I eventually traded wheels with someone and picked up the Hufs...
  5. obsidian6

WTT: Flik FTDs 17x8 Black - SoCal

TRADED: Flik FTDs 17x8 Black - SoCal Hey guys, I know there were a few of you interested in getting these wheels off me, I need to go back to an 18" wheel for now so here's your chance. I really like the look and weight of these wheels, but with my suspension it's just too low for me and my...
  6. obsidian6

Best place for VW Service in OC?

Hey everyone, I have had enough of dealing with the VW dealers between OC and IE, I've been to most of them and they have all just been miserable to deal with as far as service / maintenance is concerned. I don't have the garage space to do work myself, nor do I have the technical knowledge...
  7. obsidian6

FS: OEM 18" Hufs - Socal Pickup

SOLD: OEM 18" Hufs - Socal Pickup Hey guys, I finally tracked down some Flik FTDs and as a result I'm selling my Hufs. They are 18x7.5" and all have been recently balanced. They have close to 30k on them. They are all in perfect driving condition and 2 of them have small blemishes, 1 is curb...
  8. obsidian6

"You can't shoot here..."

It's been progressively getting more and more difficult to find places to take photos these days, apparently it's a crime to take pictures. Anyways, some of us met up last night in Santa Ana and we snapped a few pics, We will have further meetups with better results in the future. Because by...
  9. obsidian6

Need VAG-COM help in OC (Disable TPMS)

Hey everyone, I need someone to help me with a VAG-COM issue. I recently put some new wheels on my car and they did not come with TPMS sensors. I don't intend to put them on at this point, but maybe in the future when I replace the tires. I need someone's assistance in disabling the TPMS system...
  10. obsidian6

New rolling stock for my MKV!

Hey guys! It's been quite some time since I've last really been around here, but I figured I should post up some new pics of my car seeing as how I put some new rollers on today. I snagged a set of Flik FTDs off of another member, I've been doing a lot more traveling lately (not just freeway...
  11. obsidian6

FS: OEM 2007 GTI Suspension

Hey everyone, I've had my stock suspension sitting in my garage for the last 2 years. It has approx 20k miles on it but otherwise it's in perfect shape (just dirty) It's been sitting in the box my H&R suspension came in. If anyone needs a full suspension to go back to stock, or any rabbit...
  12. obsidian6

Ant infestation outside and INSIDE my car! Ideas!!

Ok guys, never in a million years did I think anything like this would happen, but I obviously picked the wrong parking spot at my apartment yesterday. I found tons of ants crawling the exterior of my car, which I thought was awful so I figured I'd go get a wash and clean them off. Little did I...
  13. obsidian6

FS:2007 RS GTI pkg 1 DSG - $17k obo

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about selling my GTI, it's not that I don't love the car, it's just at this present juncture in my life, having an almost $300/ month car payment AND a $250/ month insurance payment is really putting the squeeze on my finances. I purchased the car in Dec. 2007 from...
  14. obsidian6

18wheeler re-tread hit my front end.

Hey Guys, Had an unfortunate incident tonight on the freeway coming home from dinner. A large chunk of re-tread from a semi-truck hit my front end pretty hard. It apparently broke my front left foglight and definitely threw off the aim of my left headlight. I tried adjusting it back to normal...
  15. obsidian6

I don't even know where to begin with this.

I saw this car in my neighborhood. I don't even know how to begin with this person. I will also mention that they have mercedes wheels colormatched to the rest of the car. It's kind of funny that for it being a mitsu lancer, there isn't one Japanese brand badge on there! V6 magnum. I don't think...
  16. obsidian6

Obsidian6's Photo Thread.

I decided to make a thread for myself as I create images of my GTi. As some of you know, I'm 22 and currently working for Apple as a Creative (Teacher). I am also a Photographer by trade. I've done a lot of freelance work and hope to do some press work as a photojournalist soon. As far as my...
  17. obsidian6

Finally lowered!

I finally got my suspension installed today and I'm very excited indeed! I just have this one shot for now but you can expect a bunch more soon! Next up hopefully is wheels and tires, since my stock tires are about to go. Oh and FTR- I am lowered on a H&R sport Cup-Kit with stock classix and...
  18. obsidian6

Hartmann vs. Rota

So I'm curious if anyone has any negative experiences with either. I honestly never heard anything bad about rota until i read a couple threads on here, I was always a fan of them when I had my suby, however I did have Prodrive P1s (from OZ) which came on my car, soo... Anyways, I was thinking...
  19. obsidian6

New little mods :)

I got my open fog grilles in and put on some lamin-x yellow films. Little things, but they make a nice visual difference :). I do know that I need a new front grille, but I'll worry about that later.
  20. obsidian6

Remove & Reinstall rear bumper

Is it difficult to remove the rear bumper from our cars? I got my replacement one from a fellow member and I wanted to install it myself tomorrow. Anything worth noting?