GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. HipToss

FS: BNIB APR HPFP, VAG-COM, and cosmetic parts

Sold my 08 and have some parts for sale. BNIB APR HPFP with new cam follower - $700 obo VAG-COM cable - $150 Vented fog light covers - Make offer OEM Rear bumber (plastic part). Outer part is primed for painting - Make offer OEM fog assembly - Make offer Buyer pays shipping costs HT
  2. HipToss

Need downpipe (catted) for OE catback to pass emissions in MD (APR stage 2)

Happy fourth! Title says it all. Picked up a used 2008 gti for a song with 130k on the odo. Need to pass emissions and don't want to do much to the exhaust. Currently DP is cat less straight pipe. Can anyone suggest a DP that will pass MD emissions that will mate to the OE cat back? Car has an...
  3. HipToss

2008 118k on the engine - K04 upgrade???

The turbo is going on my car. I am the original owner and it has 118k on the motor. I have never had an issue with the motor or any other part of the car, aside from normal maintenance. With the miles I have on the car, is it worth the extra $ to go for a K04 kit? I already have an APR hpfp on...
  4. HipToss

Emissions in MD?

I checked and it seems they just do an ODB check for our year cars. Is there a visual check for cats or any other tests?
  5. HipToss

Moving to Owings Mills... Need good VW shop

Hey, Moving from NY to MD in a few weeks. Will be in Owings Mills. Can someone recomend me a good shop that you guys take your cars for work? Respect, A
  6. HipToss

Filter fell off intake for about 30 miles... Issues?

So I was on highway and car was slightly bucking on and off, nothing huge. Got to destination and popped hood to find filter not connected to intake. It is snowing out. Put filter on... Anything I should worry about? Car will be parked for the rest of the evening outside. Respects, A
  7. HipToss

Just got deployed - FORCED!!!

At 36!!!! I going to to get drunk!
  8. HipToss

Looking for audio installer local to me Orange County NY

Guys, I am looking to update my audio. Currently I have an 08 with non-premium system. It is ok, but I am looking for something better. Looking for someone who can assist in my setup of an amp and sub, possibly a HU as well. This is an area I am not an expert in, so I need help. I have some...
  9. HipToss

Looking for audio installer local to me Orange County NY

Guys, I am looking to update my audio. Currently I have an 08 with non-premium system. It is ok, but I am looking for something better. Looking for someone who can assist in my setup of an amp and sub, possibly a HU as well. This is an area I am not an expert in, so I need help. I have some...
  10. HipToss

Front plate blocking the IC?

Thought this would be the best place for this. I needed to replace the front of my car as a rock smashed the front face where the plate goes (dump truck company paid). There are no holes as of now and am thinking of a new place to put the plate. If it cover the IC, will there be a huge...
  11. HipToss

***VMR Wheels*** Need pictures of 714 on a MKV

Guys, You got shots of your 714 on MKV? Pref a UG? Anyone else would be helpfull. Riding on H&R SS springs and Koni Yellows, looking to see if I'll rub? Also, whats a good tire size? Respect, A
  12. HipToss

Working under a car with jack stands

Hey all, Have to install a TBE, DV, and some new mounts. Do not have access to a lift today. Would it be "safe" to install these with the car on jack stands with all the wrenching and pulling to get the stock items off? Should I be worried about the car falling off and killing meself? Car will...
  13. HipToss

What is the deepest sounding complete exhaust system for a MKV GTI?

What would you guys say is the deepest "throatiest" sounding "complete" turbo back exhaust system? With a resonator, I do not want to blow out house windows? Respect, A
  14. HipToss

Need inspection location - catless DP

Second year inspection coming up. They will be performing an emissions test and also do a physical check for a cat. Please PM me a location that in the OC Goshen area. Respect, HT
  15. HipToss

How have the new KMD pumps been going?

Guys who have the new revision of the pump, how has it been holding up? How often have you been replacing the cam follower? What ecu program are you running? Is it worth it, and is the difference noticable from stage 2, then installing the pump? Respect, A
  16. HipToss

What is the difference in wheel width?

I am looking for 18's next spring. I have seen them in 7.5, 8, 8.5, and 9 inches wide. Aside from tire size, cost, and wheel weight and ET, is there a performance gain with the wheel/tire width? Respect, HT
  17. HipToss

Anyone have pics of these wheels???

Other than what is on Raderwerks site? M20-MESH Respect, HT
  18. HipToss

Need a fat lip...

I have been looking around and am in the market for some wheels with a deep lip. Right now I am looking at Raderweks MTEN-80's. Maybe Eins, BBS, not sure. Anyone have shots of wheels on our cars with good deep lips, along with the name of wheel? Thanks, HT
  19. HipToss

HID levelers which direction?

Used my lights for the first time all summer after having car lowered. Light is about 30ft out. The levelers are on both front and back of car. How many are there? What side, driver or passenger? Which way should they be facing, in toward car or outward? Getting ready to jack up car to check...