GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Beju

Dogs

One of my favorite pictures of my fluffy boy Apollo and my spiky boy Thor is them both looking out a window. My old apartment had deep windowsills that the bearded dragon could sit on and watch the outdoors without fear of being snatched by a hawk (he's not a fan of birds or airplanes).
  2. Beju

Dogs

3. Beju

Dogs

I have an aunt who's been volunteering at a shelter for decades. She'd adopt the older small dogs to make their last few years good ones. The shelter workers once set aside a Pomeranian puppy for her, thinking she'd love him. She didn't want to take him, knowing that somebody else would...
  4. Beju

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

The Holosun K models are more durable than most the similarly sized optics, and IMO, Holosun has better LED emitter tech than any brand that's not Aimpoint. Holosun is coming out with an the EPS Carry, a similarly sized enclosed optic, but it's not out yet. The RMRcc is likely the most durable...
  5. Beju

Oh yeah, I finally picked up a 'nice' CZ in addition to my plastic one a couple months ago. I'd wanted a Shadow 2 for a while because they looked cool. Then I got to shoot one and still wanted one. A couple of months ago, pricing and personal funds aligned.
  6. Beju

Dogs

FWIW, I got my dog a load tested harness for car rides, figuring that an unrestrained 15 lb furry missile would be less than ideal in a crash, and without risking a broken neck for him. The Solvit brand harnesses are very reasonably priced on Amazon and come with a carabineer to attach to the...
  7. Beju

I describe the P-10 series as, "Like a Glock, if Glock cared more about ergonomics. Fixed front sight like a Glock, takes down like a Glock, positive trigger reset like a Glock, better slide serrations and grip shape, trigger feels like a Glock that has an out of the box trigger job."
  8. Beju

I know that nobody wants it to be them, but when you make anything in big enough quantities, some parts that shouldn't pass QC will slip through, and the P365 has been one of the best selling pistols in the country since it came out. I've seen broken strikers in fairly new M&P and Glock pistols...
  9. Beju

Nice, my father's been looking at a Holosun 510C for an AR pistol.
  10. Beju

What ammunition? A lot of factory 10mm loads are basically slightly hotter .40S&W. That, and a heavy steel frame goes a long way towards soaking up recoil.
  11. Beju

Dogs

This is Apollo. My sister-in-law got him, then he ended up becoming our dog. He's a 6 year old Shih-Tzu/Maltese mix, who's on the big side for that mix (15lbs), but he knows he's a little lapdog. He'll bark at bigger dogs as a bluff because he's scared; he flees when they get closer. He's also...
  12. Beju

I generally tell people that sights are very much personal preference. Everybody's eyes/brains work a little differently when it comes to vision and sight acquisition. I have Truglo TFO (TFX minus the bigger colored front ring) on an M&P Shield, and they're very bright during the day and still...
  13. Beju

FN 509 were going for less than LE discount price before last year's panic buying started. It turned out that pricing the pistols higher than Glock, S&W, and SIG was not a recipe for serious LE market penetration. Beretta tried the same thing with the APX, and Cabela's/Bass Pro was dumping...
  14. Beju

Don't own one, but I shot one before, and... It's fine. The new optics mounting system looks pretty trick, but other than that, I can't think of any other reason to carry it over a pistol with better parts support like a Glock 19 Gen 5 or S&W M&P 2.0 Compact. I also prefer how the Walther PPQ...
  15. Beju

That's a good rule of thumb. I've seen a Mossberg 930 perfectly cycle 1200 fps Remington Reduced Recoil LE buckshot, then fail to reliably cycle 1200 fps Winchester Ranger Low Recoil slugs.
  16. Beju

I'd say what feels good in her hand with the caveat that she needs to know how to hold the pistol. I've seen more than one female shooter put backstraps on Gen 4/5 Glocks that they totally didn't need, resulting in poor trigger finger placement, inability to manage recoil with the top of the...
  17. Beju

Yes, even their signature products like the M1A and 1911s have components largely made by outside suppliers. I've heard Wilson and/or Criterion for M1A barrels, and various other manufacturers for other components, including some in Canada, Korea, Taiwan. Their 1911 frames used to be made by...
  18. Beju

Yep. Springfield is more of an importer/assembler than they are a manufacturer.
  19. Beju

Time to break out Springfield's Hellcat design memo again:
  20. Beju

The VP9 in any form isn't on the CA roster of handguns approved for new sale, which means paying a premium for a used one. I've shot the full sized VP9B, and the grip is nicely shaped, but not particularly aggressively textured. Initial trigger pull is nice, but the reset is a bit disappointing...