GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

I'll just leave this here to add fuel to the fire
  2. D

You've missed the point. The goal is to determine whether or not someone understands the difference between amortization and compounding. It is not meant to be a real life situation. Again, you've completely missed the point. You have to make assumptions because you can change the numbers to...
  3. D

I was just backing up my claim. But, I forgot where I was. We don't need anything to back up what we claim in this thread. My apologies.
  4. D

Don't get me wrong, that's a big part of the problem. But, there's so many more reasons too, naming a few like wages not increasing proportionally, people living longer, smaller work force, etc. But people don't know how to save. The understanding of delayed gratification is almost...
  5. D

Complains cops get called on him for looking like a suspicious brown person. Gives advice on how to make money through the illegal drug trade through Mexico.
  6. D

From my understanding, SSA will most likely just increase the withholdings from paychecks to continue to fund this hemorrhaging program.
  7. D

Disagreeing with facts. Keeping the spirit of the thread alive!!! :D
  8. D

I wouldn't say "supercharged." More like emboldened. The hate was already there, just people didn't have the balls to be as obvious about it.
  9. D

Learn the difference between an ignorant response and being ignorant. I'm not calling you ignorant, I'm saying the act of ignoring all the proof I just provided is ignorant. I provided all the real-world assumptions and mathematical calculations to prove what I'm saying is right. Everything...
  10. D

:) Typical ignorant response. I'm glad you're doing well, but I'm just saying it's easier to do better if you know what you're doing. Also, don't worry, I won't find out later in life. As much as I loved teaching math, I still get to teach in my current role managing millions of clients'...
  11. D

No, actually it doesn't. Using your home loan payment example: Let's take $1M home loan (I'm in CA, lol), with a 3% interest rate. You'll need to pay $4216.04/month to pay it off in 30 years.To pay off the house in 20 years instead of 30 years, you have to pay an additional $1329.94/month to...
  12. D

You're not including the time value of money. If you wait to pay off all your debt before you invest, you've lost the best years to invest, aka the earliest years. You don't get rich by paying off debt as quickly as possible. You get rich by being smart with your money. If for every $1 in...
  13. D

Everyone's has. Looking around right now is kind of a fruitless endeavor. The best I've found is if you have T-Mobile, they have a 4% on the first $3k and 1% after that which is better than almost all online banks. I haven't looked through what hoops you might need to jump through other than...
  14. D

Where is this magical money coming from that you can pay off debt AND invest? If you're using money to pay off debt, that's money you can't invest. Do you even understand what you're saying, or are you just regurgitating what you think you remember hearing from Dave Ramsey? Contrary to what...
  15. D

Special teacher's rate at a credit union. There's limits on how much you can contribute though, so it's nothing too crazy. Used to be 4% last year....
  16. D

So, you're saying I should forego my 2.75% interest savings account to pay off my car loan at 1.87% because all debt is bad.... Right.... Like I said, you're the exact demographic that Dave Ramsey caters to, and you confirmed that with your foolish response to avoid my question.
  17. D

Dave Ramsey is for morons. How he dumbs down concepts like what you posted clearly shows this. You don't focus on average interest on an amortized loan. I'm curious if you know this answer. If you were able to borrow $10,000 at 4% over 5 years and could put it into a 5 year CD at 4% interest...