GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bfury5

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

Sounds like a dealer (or sales rep) that doesn't know much. Toyota doesn't really work on orders anyway, more of an allocation "here's what we already made, you get to pick something from this bucket". Allocations are given down from regional offices, so dealers can't do much until they're...
  2. bfury5

I don't think it'll be an issue. I currently drive a corolla hatch which is fine for a DD, I imagine gorolla is the same but stiffer. I don't think it'll be too different than the GTI, especially since the GTI on coils was still perfectly daily-able for me. The downside is that the trunk is...
  3. bfury5

I've already spoken to the dealer about this, and I'm not concerned.
  4. bfury5

Still holding out hope for a GRC. I talk to my dealer every couple of weeks. Still 2nd in line (and have been reassured multiple times the guy in front isn't going to back out), but I don't have any interest in playing crazy games or trying to chase one down. If this dealer gets me one, great...
  5. bfury5

Damn I should call my dealer. I'm 2nd allocation at a place, but I believe it's a little smaller of a dealer so I'm hoping they will get at least 2.
  6. bfury5

Here's hoping dealers aren't fighting each other for them, but I bet that will happen
  7. bfury5

I used to have a 3cyl Triumph bike, loved the sound. Sort of sounds like a muffled trumpet at full tilt
  8. bfury5

Yeah I won't doubt that, especially given the (optional) front and rear LSDs. Those alone will make a huge difference
  9. bfury5

Yeah as a track car, the engine might just run out of steam up top. I'm hoping the solid AWD + maybe a lighter nose (all alu 3cyl) will make for good weight distribution and not be as nose heavy as a GTI / R
  10. bfury5

I'm curious what it can do in an ST* autocross trim. mild tune and proper suspension and I bet it's a riot
  11. bfury5

really hoping the dealer I've been talking to doesn't pull a fast one, but I'm not holding my breathe.
  12. bfury5

Part of me is hoping they put the 3cyl in a normal Corolla hatch (no widebody) and leave it fwd. Thing would chooch
  13. bfury5

Really hoping they don't eff up MSRP. Dealers are another story though
  14. bfury5

Corolla is pretty good, 6mt makes it less economy feeling than the CVT. This new TNGA platform Corolla (2018+) is leaps and bounds better than the old platform in terms of overall quality, and feels modern. Interior is base Golf-esque in the sense that it has nice quality, nothing fancy but just...
  15. bfury5

Another problem is that in this market, a used TTS or S3 isn't the depreciated-German-car value that it should be. But yeah they are very different. Used WRX / STI would be a better comparison
  16. bfury5

IIRC Toyota has been implementing their "D-4S" (port/direct injection) tech for a few years. Almost all of their normal engines (the 2.0l M20A-FKS and 2.5l A25A-FKS) have had the tech since 2018. Anything implemented on the BRZ/86 likely came from Subaru's side since that's their engine
  17. bfury5

I have watched a few of the Motive videos, crazy how stout the bottom end / head of the G16 are, especially considering it's an open deck. I'd imagine 350-400hp should be pretty reliable long term. And nice that engine has both PI and DI so no carbon issues
  18. bfury5

I sold my MK7 GTI back in Sept of last year and actually just picked up a '22 Corolla Hatchback as a daily, and already have a spot in line at a dealer for a Gorolla. I think the biggest problem with the Gorolla is actually the same problem the Golf / GTI/ R have. When I bought my '17 GTI it...