GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

"I'm a big believer in luck. I find the more I practice, the luckier I am." -Some football coach, probably Seriously though, how is consistently running at the front of the grid considered "lucky?" Lucky would be a 1-2 Williams finish after every other car on the grid suffers a mechanical...
  2. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Team Radio Lewis is like a completely different person from in-person Lewis. I like the in-person version a lot better.
  3. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Didn't M-B have cooling issues in Austria? Singapore's going to be even hotter, so it might come down to Ferrari vs RB, assuming Max and Alex can get away cleanly when the lights go out (something they've been struggling with all season).
  4. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

It's especially annoying when you consider that Hamilton has never, not once, in his entire racing career, been the beneficiary of a questionable decision by the stewards. Oh, wait...
  5. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I'm hoping to be the 2nd person to enroll at the Vettel Driving School for the Blind, Stroll being the first pupil.
  6. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

All 3 of the Honda-powered cars that didn't crash on the 1st lap finished in the points, while Renault only managed 8th and 14th, and both Mclarens suffered engine failure. How long before Zak Brown has to suck it up and admit that they're partially responsible for their recent woes, and goes...
  7. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

If he does retire, who fills his seat? I'd like to see Ricciardo back in a car that's capable of winning races, but will he want to step back into a scenario where he's the senior driver to a teammate who's been anointed as a future champion?
  8. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Am I the only person who's irrationally annoyed that they put Spa qualifying on ESPNews? I can't stream it on the FireTV app because the cable subscription I'm borrowing doesn't have the channel. (Real 1st-world problems here.)
  9. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

It's the only thing left for him to achieve in F1, so I definitely think he will. If he wins the title again next season (2019 is pretty much in the bag), I think we'll see his retirement immediately after. If MB are smart, they'll buy Max out of his contract at the end of this season so that...
  10. Shane_Anigans

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Hindsight is always 20/20, but this was also a case of Horner not trusting his driver, who despite his youth, does know his way around an F1 car. Max had been on those tires since lap 25, he knew how they were degrading, and he had to know that even with a 20 second gap, Hamilton was going to...
  11. Shane_Anigans

Sunglasses for Driving

Yeah, I just picked up a pair of Matera (large) with polarized driver lenses, and they're definitely much sharper than the poly lenses on my old pair. $165 on Amazon was the best price I could find; a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but I tend to make a lot of impulse purchases when I've...
  12. Shane_Anigans

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad joke thread

What do you call a dog with no legs? Doesn't matter what you call him, he's not coming. Where do you find a dog with no legs? Right where you left him. How is your legless dog like a cigarette? Every night, you go out for a drag.
  13. Shane_Anigans

Sunglasses for Driving

I had a set of plastic ones for a while, and now that I think about it, I don't know that there was any real difference, but I end up buying the metal & glass styles for whatever reason, probably because I know they aren't as easy to break. Then again, the only time I've broken a pair of...
  14. Shane_Anigans

Sunglasses for Driving

I've worn Serengeti for years; in my experience, the Driver's Polarized (glass) lenses are the best. As far as I know, they're the only lenses that are both polarized and photochromic, so they're great for all-day journeys. The downside is glass lenses in metal frames are a bit heavier than the...
  15. Shane_Anigans

Windshield cracked need advice

Most, but not all. I think Progressive is one of the ones that doesn't, at least on some policies.
  16. Shane_Anigans

Which cellphone sucks less?

I was in the same position a year ago: the battery on my almost 2-year-old 6S didn't last until lunch time because I missed a couple of Apples "slow your phone down to make the battery last longer" updates. After much research and deliberation, I decided to jump ship and get an Android phone...
  17. Shane_Anigans

What do you guys know about out of jurisdiction police rules?

It could be they flashed their lights to remind you that while they have immunity from traffic enforcement, you don't, even if you're following them. If they were flashing their lights to get someone ahead of them out of the passing lane, good.
  18. Shane_Anigans

General Motors Closes Car Plants

That is true, though it isn't the case here. Sedan sales have fallen off a cliff across the entire market. Honda had a 90-day supply of their all-new 2018 Accord gathering dust at the rail yards, because the people who bought Accords in the past decided they'd rather have a CR-V instead. Nissan...
  19. Shane_Anigans

VW in news

Ford will continue to sell small cars in other markets. They are only being discontinued in North America because development and assembly costs won't be recouped due to lack of demand, and import duties/tariffs prevent them from being affordable if they're assembled elsewhere. Yes, the Focus...
  20. Shane_Anigans

Tired of Your Car? Live in a Big City?

Preach it, brother. I don't even like to put college stickers on my car, since I live in the shadow of our arch-rival. Even if your car doesn't get keyed, torched, or otherwise vandalized, I've noticed that people tend to be jerks towards drivers whose bumper stickers don't match their own...