GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 9

THE Formula One Thread

If you want to find more to watch and root for, start playing the fantasy league. It makes you pay attention to the whole field every race and then scrutinize how you think everyone is going to do the next race weekend.
  2. 9

2022 Formula 1 Season

At least Max's Mom didn't try to start crap on social media this time...
  3. 9

2022 Formula 1 Season

I think this makes perfect sense for a rookie, maybe even a second year driver. The only problem is that this negates the reality that any driver promoted to F1 will be educated on the differences at this level of racing versus what they experienced in the past. All a racing driver would have...
  4. 9

2022 Formula 1 Season

I have quite literally watched multiple F1 teams do the team ordered swap and then swap back; so no, I am not thinking of another motorsport. I have definitely seen driver's ignore team orders for self serving reasons, but this was not that. This was a dick move plain and simple and goes well...
  5. 9

2022 Formula 1 Season

Saying the drivers are all that way is a gross oversimplification. Do they all think they are faster than everyone else, yes. Are they going to act with self interest, yes. Leclerc's request to have Ferrari tell Sainz to swap positions is proof of that. To this extent you are correct, the...
  6. 9

2022 Formula 1 Season

Since doing anything like a disqualification will be too extreme a punishment for the governing body to stomach, even though that was one of the threatened penalties. I think they should fine the team and then penalize them developmentally. Overspending gives you an advantage from a car...
  7. 9

2022 Formula 1 Season

I clearly did not pay attention to last year's Haas livery. If they hadn't been such a disaster I might actually have to feel bad about that.
  8. 9

2022 Formula 1 Season

Does anyone else find it funny that the American F1 team has the Russian flag for its front wing?
  9. 9

2021 Formula 1 Season

So did RB gain a fair bit of performance or are we just chalking the gap Max put on Lewis due to power unit performance at high altitude?
  10. 9

2021 Formula 1 Season

Pirelli came out immediately after the race saying they didn't want to speculate until they could investigate things further but then speculated by saying the issue was likely due to debris. They used a cut found on Hamilton's left rear tire as evidence of debris.
  11. 9

2021 Formula 1 Season

I could agree with that if Leclerc wasn't putting in a better performance this year versus last year. So far he is averaging a 5th place finish. Last year he averaged a 7th place finish if you ignore his NC's, and a 10th place finish if you include them.
  12. 9

2021 Formula 1 Season

I guess I'm the only one who feels Ferrari is actually returning a better performance than expected. They definitely can't fight for the top two in the constructors, but third or fourth isn't out of the question.
  13. 9

2021 Formula 1 Season

So is anyone interested in doing a forum F1 fantasy league this year?
  14. 9

2021 Formula 1 Season

Based on how things went at McLaren, I can't shake the idea that Alonso gets more influence over the workings of the team than what would be normal for a driver. And this makes me nervous for Ocon's future.
  15. 9

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

If you are comparing the performance of a Mercedes AMG car to that of a Williams, I would suggest the car contributes over 50% of the equation. You could put any driver on the grid in that car and they would be in the top ten. However when you compare a Mercedes to a Red Bull or Ferrari...
  16. 9

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

This is precisely my point. Had I addressed your comment based solely on your initial post I would have thought your comment to be more in the camp of "Lewis only wins because of his car" and my response would have been tailored as such. However your second post on the topic suggests you just...
  17. 9

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I didn't miss it. I just wasn't sure how to take it and didn't want to start a pissing match under false pretenses. Does the team need credit for Lewis's success on track, absolutely. Whether the team is contributing more than Lewis to secure the wins is highly debatable. The best equipment...
  18. 9

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I have a suspicion that Lewis would have skipped the pit stop from hell. On more than one occasion he has purposefully avoided potentially unnecessary pit stops late in the race.
  19. 9

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Russell has been pulling an Alonso of sorts this season by out qualifying his competition with a slower car, and then due to poorer race pace finishing in the back of the pack. If he can get comfortable with the Merc in time for the race, I think he will do quite well. As for Mick, his fate...
  20. 9

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

This must be read in Brian Drummond's voice, he was the g.o.a.t. Vegeta. Although Sabat did make it possible for the DBZ Abridged crew to make some epic content that sounded fairly accurate.