GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

I finally had new tires installed!

I'm still rockin the OEM rims, so I wanted a good all season performance tire to replace my balding Conti's. I ended up going with the new Continental Extreme Contact DWS. This is a 2 part post, first part is my tire review. Second part is for those who like to read about drama. Tire Review...
  2. E

Will the AC knobs from a 2011 Jetta fit?

Not sure if anyone else saw those, but the AC knobs in the new 2011 Jetta have the chrome sides (similar to the Euro headlight switch). They look to be about the same size as ours. I'm sure we'll see these released sometime later this year...
  3. E

Can anyone explain these dash error lights?

This is an intermittent problem that I'm having. Both of these lights come on at the same time. When they do turn on, the steering feels sloppy. Assuming I loose power steering assist. If I pull over and turn off the car, and turn it back on...it sometimes goes away, and sometimes it...
  4. E

How HIGH will Koni coilovers go?

Yes, you've read that correctly. Most people want to know how low coils go, but I need to know how high the Koni coils go. I'm in Chicago where there's snow on the ground for at least 4 months out of the year. I was just curious if I can adjust the height of the coils to about the same as...
  5. E

Has anyone here had electrical glitches when it gets hot outside?

Has anyone here had electrical glitches when it gets hot outside? The temps here went from the 60s/70s up to 98 degrees yesterday. I was driving and had 2 different lights turn on....the steering wheel light, and the ESP light. I hit the ESP button several times, but the light stayed on. I...
  6. E

Anyone have the Forge Twintake w/ BSH DV relocation?

Anyone have the Forge Twintake w/ BSH DV relocation? Just curious if there are any issues with the mafs location. Any CEL's?
  7. E

Does anyone have Edition 30 interior parts with factory leather seats?

As the title says, I'd be curious to see pictures of an interior with the Edition 30 steering wheel, shifter, and parking brake if you have the factory anthracite leather seats. The Edition 30 stuff looks great with the interlago cloth seats because there's red already in the seats to tie it...
  8. E

Real Racing GTI - iPhone game

I'm addicted so far...really nice iPhone game with all GTI...and it's free! Just search in the app store for "Real Racing GTI". The more you play, the more times you're entered into a sweepstakes to win a 2010 GTI. They also have a full blown version of the game with other models of cars, but...
  9. E

Headlight problem

Tonight I start my car, and something was wrong with my headlights....the output wasn't as high as normal, and my driver's side light had a redish tint to it. I get out of the car, and look at the lights. The driver's side is pink! I turn on the high beam, and it's the same! I turn the...
  10. E

Lost my one touch windows after removing the battery.

Hey guys, quick question.....I was working on my car, and it required a battery removal. I reinstalled everything, and now my power windows have lost their one touch settings - tap the window down, and the window rolls all the way down. Pull the window up button once and it rolls the window...
  11. E

Need help with a short shift install!!!

So I'm trying to install a new Forge SS kit, and I'm stuck. I have an '08 GTI, and I'm following a couple sets of instructions....thought I had all my bases covered. The problem is actually taking the cable end off the side to side piece. The Front to Back piece had the metal clip holding it...
  12. E

FS: Stock GTI tail lamps.

I'm posting this sale here first before I go to ebay. I have a set of stock GTI tail lamps that I took off of my '08 4 door GTI. These are a year old, but in mint condition. All bulbs are included. I just swapped them out with R32 tail lamps, so these will ship to you in the same package...
  13. E

Anyone here work at Motorola in Schaumburg?

I've seen quite a few GTI, Rabbits and GLI in the parkinglot at work, and was just curious if anyone else on this forum works here at Motorola in Schaumburg. Mine is a 5 door CW GTI with clear sidemarkers. I usually park by Door 1.
  14. E

How can I tell which revision of engine I have?

I'm looking through parts catelogs, and it's asking which engine I have. My options are: L4-1984cc 2.0L GAS FI Turbo (BPY) 121 L4-1984cc 2.0L GAS FI Turbo (CBFA) 121 L4-1984cc 2.0L GAS FI Turbo (CCTA) 121 I have an early '08 FSI. Would this info be stamped somewhere under the hood?
  15. E

Quick question about swapping rotors...

I'll be buying new rotors soon, and was curious if the tiny retention screw on the stock rotors is really needed. If my new rotors come without a hole to put a new retention screw in, will it be ok? Dumb question, I know, but I just want to be fully prepared before I dive into this.
  16. E

Sex Panther...60% of the time, it works every time.

Yes!!! I know I'll get the ladies with this... http://romanefragrances.com/magento/index.php/mens-fragrance/sex-panther-1-7-oz-cologne-spray.html It has real bits of Panther in it, so you know it's good.
  17. E

Annoying problem with my door lock.

So just in the past month, I've ran into a problem with my driver's side door. When I turn my car OFF, and open the door to get out...my door makes a clicking sound. It sounds just like the doors locking and unlocking over and over again. It does this maybe 8 times before stopping on it's...
  18. E

What do you use to touch up the glossy black front and the side window pillars?

I'm mainly concerned about my side pillars that surround my windows. I have a few rock chips there. My car is Candy White, and I have touch up paint for the white...but what about the glossy black parts on our cars? Do I just get a generic gloss black paint? Not interested in...
  19. E

Which Short Shifter kit have you tried? Pros/Cons?

Hi guys, I'm putting together a poll on which Short shifter kits people have for the MKV, and what are the pros and cons of each. If you've tried multiple vendors, please chime in to let us know which one you liked more, and why. I'm interested in knowing which ones feel smoother, and do they...
  20. E

Anyone have the ECS SS brake lines?

Hi guys, In my search online, I've found one review from one of our golfmkv.com members, and it was a negative review. The fit wasn't very good. I'd like to see if anyone else has experience with them....maybe he had a bad set? :iono: I'm looking into these because of price and their looks...