GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. imthanick_a

Electric Mini-quad build for m(e)y son

My son is 6 weeks old after being 4 weeks preemie sooooooo he's about 2 weeks overdue on his first build project. Here's the bones: I ordered a 2kw electric motor kit and battery. Hoping that it will be running in a couple weeks. I'd like to chop it up a little bit, widen and lower it to keep...
  2. imthanick_a

Tiguan Hatch won't open

I've got a 2017 Tiguan S, no power lift gate, and it wont open. almost like the button isnt working. anyone know why this would happen? We've been getting some heavy rain so maybe the rain somehow got in and is causing problems?
  3. imthanick_a

Write your elected officials to protect motorsports

https://www.sema.org/epa-news EPA is trying to ban our hobby, make sure you write your congressmen/women about it.
  4. imthanick_a

e30 5.9 magnum swap

Finally beginning my dream of building a car. I have a basically free, running 5.9 magnum 360 from a coworkers 01 Ram with 40k miles, so that will be the powerplant. Chassis is an e30: 1984 BMW E30 325e Transmission, im not sure of yet. I know there are magnum engine to chevy trans adapters so...
  5. imthanick_a

2017 Tiguan Engine tick/knock

So my 2017 tiguan with around 50k miles has a really loud ticking sound when running, mostly when cold and noise follows the RPM. My MK7 GTI has a similar noise but its normal (lifter tick), on the tiguan its way louder. Ive heard these engines cam followers go out or maybe it is normal lifter...
  6. imthanick_a

Betel Nuts

A coworker just gave me some of this "miraculous, organic nut" that since he started chewing after the Indian fellas recommended to him and imported some for him that since he started chewing them, he smokes half as much and lost 40 pounds. I always wondered why his breath smelled like urinal...
  7. imthanick_a

Check your coolant!

Hey everybody, if you're about to get hit with this big cold blast, don't forget to test your coolant to make sure it is still "good" down to the temps on the forecast - especially if you have an older car that hasn't been flushed in a while. A tester is like 3 bucks - much cheaper than an...
  8. imthanick_a

Performance air filter testing

https://youtu.be/GS69owXpGdY Take it for what it's worth. I don't want this to turn into another CAI debate since this is not what the video is about, but definitely supports the findings of people with drop in filters For those who don't wanna watch, summary is a K&N filter added about 2-3%...
  9. imthanick_a

Should I buy a Crown Vic Police Interceptor?

So I'm looking to buy a car to replace my Camry for the winter. It's becoming too rusty and broken to bother to continue fixing, so its time for an upgrade Looking at a low budget here of 5k, I don't want to finance because I already have a car loan, student loans, and mortgage to pay off and...
  10. imthanick_a

Apartment policies and cash grab - WWYD

Just curious what other people would do in my situation - I know what I'm going to do but want to see other points of view TL;DR: My apartment is making me pay for renters insurance and the garage I don't use, for an apartment that I no longer have any belongings/residence in. Story time for...
  11. imthanick_a

Lemon Powered VW I.D. R

Or lemon powered clickbait if you want to look at it that way. Still a cool video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1D-fZP8qJk
  12. imthanick_a

We're not alone anymore!

Looks like Subaru joined the VW club https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/fuel-economy/subaru-admits-it-manipulated-fuel-economy-and-emissions-data/ar-AAwBjcE?li=BBnb4R5
  13. imthanick_a

Blurred license plate numbers

Curious as to why people blur or cover up their license/number (for you European types) plate numbers in photos online. People see your plate all the time on the road, what's the big deal if it's online? If you're doing something illegal on a video it's understandable, but just in photos and...