GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Went in for servicing... walked out drooling over an s4

Yeah. 93k is A LOT!!! I wouldn't buy any german used vehicle with more than 30k. Especially an "S" designation as they might have been abused. For that price, look at a low mileage A3! I am wishing I got one instead of my GTI :(
  2. W

This is why we can't have (sort-of) nice things 2.0

I had a couple freak moments when I was younger driving tired where I fell asleep momentarily and woke up in another lane. Taught me a lesson but it does happen, unfortunately. Driving tired is worse than drunk or high. With all due respect though, it is an expendable material piece and can be...
  3. W

Playoff Hockey

I am in Ottawa, watched for 20 years now. Can't complain, 3-1 up in a series that has been decided by 1 goal in each game. Could have been 2-2 or 3-1 Boston TBH, however we have arguably the best player in the NHL at this time (performance wise) in Karlsson. Hoping to close it out on home ice...
  4. W

Dodge DEMON

X100 This transcends manufacturer favoritism. Not only that, with some more mods it would probably be a decent road track performer.
  5. W

Dodge DEMON

Just about to post. 0-60 is actually 2.3 seconds. This is what I am talking about! Not a chrysler group fan, but damn...that is how it's done.
  6. W

Socialized Medicine

I have friends too that are large, some thin. A healthy weight and eating habits are key to feeling good and minimizing health issues. Weight is completely controlled by the individual. As mentioned above, it really is simple; you can't just become obese, you need to intake calories above and...
  7. W

Your previous rides......Share it !!

Ran 14.7 with just a tune. 6MT, leather, sunroof and an average of 38mpg throughout ownership. Was in an accident before purchase that wasn't repaired correctly + an annoying noise in the front end that couldn't be traced. Upgraded to the GTI after 6 months.
  8. W

Fca and Vw merger?

I personally think Chrysler builds the absolute lowest quality of cars of all the large companies. Every one around my area is rusting. Their reliability rankings tell a huge story as well. To be honest, it really sucks they didn't go the way of the Dodo when the crash hit in the late 2000's...
  9. W

Socialized Medicine

Realistically, what kind of first world country should be trying to profit from healthcare? It isn't a luxury, it is an essential service. I know the counterarguments that are going to be made - why will people work harder towards new treatments? The standard of care will drop as more people...
  10. W

Socialized Medicine

No problem. After I retire I would have to pick up the tab on the insurance coverage my employer currently pays. I just went and checked my pay slip, and the employer portion (which I would have to cover after retirement) is as follows, per paycheque (every 2 weeks, so 26 times a year): Health...
  11. W

Socialized Medicine

Costs are included in my income tax. All procedures that are required by my doctor (prescribed) are covered. Medication is NOT covered through the government (all of it). I have a drug plan through work which covers I believe 90% of my medical prescriptions and 90% of dental. I also get a set of...
  12. W

Ladies and gentleman, I give you...Halo Wars

For my friends bachelor party we headed out to my other friends 150 acre camp in the middle of nowhere. The events took place at midnight, where it was around -30*C. Have patience, the video really starts at 30s or so, lol :D The editing is amateur, I just taped with my phone...