GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

No compression in cylinder 2 - is this the end?

Last week I was driving 60mph and got a lot of misfires. I had very little power but limped the car to a gas station. I had it towed to a dealer only to find out there is no compression on cylinder 2 after they did a compression test. I've got 203k miles on the car. The car is stock, I'm the...
  2. N

Coil spring broke while driving

I just had my front left coil spring break on me driving. The only indication I had was some noise coming from the front end at really slow speed going into my garage. I thought it was just my car getting old and now making another noise. As I looked in my rear view mirror I saw part of the...
  3. N

FS: OEM 18" Detroit Rim - Fair Condition

Selling one 18x7.5 Detroit rim in fair condition. History: I curb rashed this rim about a year ago. All damage was cosmetic. Rim still sealed tire without any issue. Then about month ago I went in to have my tires rotated and the technician scrapped another part of the already damaged wheel...
  4. N

EPC and MIL after downshift to pass

Curious if anyone can point me towards some plausible explanations for what I experienced this morning. I was going 50 mph waiting to pass on a two lane road. I downshifted from 5th to 4th and accelerated pretty hard. The car moved forward and then all of the sudden bucked a few times (like...
  5. N

Tyrolsport group buy coming

According to Tyrolsports Facebook page a new group buy is coming for the deadset kit. They need at least 20 people by end of April for it to go forward! Can't wait! My GTI really needs this kit. https://m.facebook.com/TyrolSport
  6. N

Heater Core Gasket/Seal Questions

I've been gathering the parts to replace my heater core inside the cabin this weekend. Upon opening the new heater I noticed a few differences and want to clear these up before I start this job. Other than the missing gasket all other aspects seem to match the Denso/Valeo model. 1. The new...
  7. N

Light grinding noise when decelerating

I've started to notice a slight grinding noise when decelerating, no braking applied (40mph down to 25mph). The noise is similar to the grinding sound of the front wheel bearings as they are going bad. That being said I replaced both original front wheel bearings a little over a year ago at 100k...
  8. N

Re-upholster steering wheel

Has anyone re-upholstered their steering wheel or had this professionally done? After 122k miles and multiple cleanings of the wheel with Lexol cleaner and the conditioner I've been unable to remove the oil reside and think my only options are replace the wheel entirely or re-upholster it. With...
  9. N

Possible boost leak? Error code P1297

I just finished my timing belt this past weekend and after starting it up I noticed that it has a higher than normal idle. Car seems to over around 1,700rpms for 20 or so seconds and then drops to 700 (normal). I realize this is somewhat subjective but still seems off. Then I drove it to the...
  10. N

Noises when turning steering wheel to the right

I'm not sure what is going on but I started to notice that when I'm driving at 10-30mph and I turn the steering wheel to the right (either a turn or just moving the car to the right). I hear an increase in noise, almost a groaning-like noise. Sorry its hard to describe the noise. Its not a pop...
  11. N

New timing belt and water pump install help!

Is there anyone in the Twin Cities area who has done the timing belt and water pump replacement on their 06-08 GTI that would be willing to help me out if I were to do this install? http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135872 Of course I would pay for your labor, provide parts, I...
  12. N

Heating problems

I posted this on another threat but I think that one might have been closed as it was started by a banned member. Regardless... The past few days highs only getting to 0 in Minneapolis I've started to notice some issues with my heat. It doesn't seem that the heat coming out of my vents is as...
  13. N

Throttle Valve Controller - P1545 002 Malfunction question

This morning I started up my 2007 stock GTI and after scrapping the windows noticed that the check engine and the EPC lights were on. I thought that was strange as the car turned over without any issues and didn't make any odd noises or causes for concern. I turned the car on and off a few times...
  14. N

Dension Gateway 100 with RCD 510 AC head unit

I've had trouble getting my Dension Gateway100 GW16V21 to work with my revision AC RCD510 head unit. I've been in contact with Dension to see if they could help me get this working. At the current time they said they are working on a firmware update. I'm curious has anyone else tried to use...
  15. N

FS: Premium 7 Stereo, great condition!

SOLD
  16. N

First speeding ticket questions...

So i got my first ticket ever tonight. Not anything im proud of, but i kind of figured that this might eventually happen after i met my fast last summer... Anyway, i'll admit i was being stupid and definitely shouldnt have been driving as fast as i did. I was driving in rural Iowa. I had radar...
  17. N

4th generation ipod video problems

I have been using both my ipod touch and 3rd generation 15 gig ipod in the armrest of my 2007 gti without any problems. Today i wanted to use my friends 4th generation 30 gig ipod video to play some music. I connected it like i did the other two ipods but the volkswagen symbol never showed up...
  18. N

Help! both EPC and MIL warning lights on

It has been cold in northeast Iowa for the past couple of weeks, well below zero the other night. Ive driven the GTI several times in the past weeks and had no problems. Tonight i went out to start my 2007 GTI and i thought all was normal. I let the car warm up a bit but immediately noticed...
  19. N

Spotted: 2 MkV GTI's in western twincities suburbs

The first MkV i saw was while i was traveling north on 494 just passing under hwy 7. United Gray color. Followed him until we got to 94 in maple grove. MN License plate was VXT-891 or 981. Older guy probably in mid 40s, grey hair. The second MkV i saw was just about a minute from my home. Candy...
  20. N

Rules when meeting other VW owners to go for a drive

I have yet to go for an organized drive with another VW owner. Hopefully this will happen over the winter break. Anyway, maybe this is a stupid question, but what do you guys/girls have for general guidelines of what to do and not when meeting other VW owners to go for a drive? Do you set the...