GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

My Denvers+Wheels for your set + $$$

Looking to swap out my current setup for something different, I'm open to all requests but I'd ideally like to do a local swap. I'm willing to meet half-way and drive 2-3hrs though... I got up to $600 cash to throw on top of my tire/wheels as well depending on the offer. My denvers are all in...
  2. H

Forge spacer question

If you install a spacer under your diverter valve does that render your dv inoperable since the spacer vents the boost to the atmosphere, or am I retarded?
  3. H

Who steals lawnmowers?!

I mean seriously, wtf... Just a plain old self-propelled mower, right outta my back lawn... :mad::mad::mad:
  4. H

New ebay downpipe?

Just found this on ebay, looks like a steal but I've never heard of a godspeed downpipe, only FMIC... Anyone running this pipe?
  5. H

Eurojet "EJ400" BT Kit!

Not sure if this was posted here before, found it on the 'tex... Looks pretty bad-ACE! http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4896466-Eurojet-Development-EJ400-2.0T-Turbo-Kit
  6. H

Cutting shifter height

I know it might sound ricey, but I'd like to take about an inch off my stock shifter just because of personal taste really. Ive always thought the stock height was just a little to high. Just have a few questions; Is the stock shifter a screw on? Would I be able to keep my stock shifter on...
  7. H

Weird issue after re-installing battery...

So I had to uninstall my battery to install my 42DD Shifter bushings (which by the way are amazing!), and had some interesting side-effects once I reinstalled it. I have APR Stage 1 and some VAG-com work (Euro-switch, windows down with key, fogs as DRL), and once I reinstalled the battery I...
  8. H

A/C smells like crap

When I turn on my ac it smells like ass for a good 5-10 min. I checked my cabin filter and it's fine... Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
  9. H

Instructions for 08' 42DD bushing install?

I've searched and found a DIY for the '07 GTI's but the '08 requires drilling and is a bit more detailed. I got them in the mail yesterday and I'd like to put them in but the paper instructions aren't the best. Has anyone done this in their '08 and have any tips? Does anyone know of a DIY for...
  10. H

Stage 1 GTI vs Chevy Uplander?!

So I'm on my way into work today and I'm stuck behind a semi along with this 07-08 uplander (we're going about 30), I go into the right lane and go WOT in third and he goes to the left lane, he kept up with me the entire time from 35-55! I know that's not really a lot, and maybe I should have...
  11. H

P-flo and BSH Race catch can installed

Finally after nearly 2yrs of owning my dub with nothing more then APR Stage 1 I bought some new car parts! I installed both today, heres what I thought; -The p-flo was easy enough to install, the only real difficult part was getting off the engine cover without damaging it, that sucker was on...
  12. H

BSH VTA Catch can install instructions?

Just bought the system at Namotorsports along with a p-flo and some other goodies and was surprised to see it didn't come with any sort of instructions. Does anyone have a link to instructions or scan a sheet if BSH gave you some. It seems pretty straightforward but I'd rather have something to...
  13. H

I wish...

My MKV had the MKVI interior but kept the outside appearance... Just test drove the MKVI and I love the interior, but the outside is just a step in the wrong direction IMO... Anyone else feel the same way?
  14. H

Plug 'n' play ebay LED tails?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-GOLF-5-Rabbit-GTI-MKV-R32-LED-Tail-Light-06-07-08-09_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem27a9e2f74fQQitemZ170353948495QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Anyone try these? Look ugly as sin...
  15. H

$500, now what?!

My wife, whom usually hates the thought of me "wasting" my money on my car, had a change of heart when she found a pair of diamond earrings on the bed for our 6mos anniversary (I know, I'm great). Anyways, I can spend no more then $500, give or take 50 :fighting0030:. Currently I'm stage 1...
  16. H

Euroswitch question

I bought, installed, and did VAG-com for my new euroswitch. I changed the coding to UK, made fogs my DRLs, and enabled my FTP for highbeams with fogs/xenons. My only issue is when the switch is set to the "city light" function the interior lights come on... seems kinda pointless to me, is there...
  17. H

True or Bogus?

Just bought some new wheels and tires from tirerack because I got a flat with my denvers and it seemed like a good excuse to buy them. Called the place I'm getting them installed at and they said in addition to charging for transferring the TPMS they also have to charge $90 to erase the low...
  18. H

Spring install cost?

I'm looking to get rid of my SUV status and buy some springs. I know the springs themselves are pretty inexpensive, but how much is installation? Am I going to have to get re-aligned or anything? How much have you paid?
  19. H

Quick TPMS question

Got a nail through my sidewall yesterday. :mad: Seeing as my tread is near gone anyway and I hate my denvers I'm looking to get new tires/wheels. Just wondering how difficult it is to switch the TPMS from the denvers to my new wheels, is it something the shop can take care of? Are the sensors...
  20. H

Brighter tail-lights for tinted tails?

I tinted my tails a few shades darker then before and now they're nearly black. Light still shines through decently at night but they're useless during sunny days. Do they make brighter bulbs and if so where can I get them?