GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

FS: My FAST (the actual car)

Well, priorities change and I need to sell my beloved FAST to do other things in life that's more important to me at the moment. BMP Pkg 1 6MT with 18" Hufs, car was purchased on 2/20/06 and has been garaged almost all the time, just shy of 11k miles right now. 10k service was recently...
  2. K

Well, I'm 21 and I just got back from Vegas ............

And wow, just wow ................. Absolutely the best 4 days ever in my life. Time to study even harder and live life even more to the fullest everyday. Crazy Horse ....... Spearmint Rhino ........ DAMN!
  3. K

Apartment - Security Deposit

How many of you guys never got your security deposit back through no fault of your own, and how many of you guys successfully received your security deposit back without any hassles? I paid about 1.5 months of the rent as security deposit 2.5 years ago and I'll be moving to a new place on the...
  4. K

Pissed off

So my passenger door window got smashed last weekend while clubbing in downtown SF, brought the car into the dealer on Monday, promised me to be ready by Wed. Called them today to find out that not only did they not do any of the requested maintenance on my car, the piece of glass is now gonna...
  5. K

When I'm Gone

Very good song, could be the final blow from Em as he's unsure whether he'll continue his active music career or fade into the producing side of the industry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKhzZdsEX0E&search=eminem%20when%20i%27m%20gone
  6. K

Well, there goes the relationship.

Of 4 years. Had a difficult time in the beginning when we had a lot of trouble looking at things from the same perspective and agreeing with each other. But we managed to learn to understand each other and got past that, even moved in together and had our little home. Then comes this morning...
  7. K

H&R Sports are on!

Ride is both better and worse than stock, over small and rapid bumps the new springs suck them up much better and it feels like they get flattened as you glide over them, but over big bumps on the freeway there is less give in the suspension travel so it's stiffer and less comfortable. Overall...
  8. K

E92 arrives at dealer in Sweden

SWEET, absolutely love it. Much better than the sedan.
  9. K

H&R Sports poll

This poll is for people running a non-race drop on stock shocks.
  10. K

DIY suspension stuff?

Because of my location it's gonna cost $500 to even just get springs installed, and springs themselves only cost around 300 ........... :mad: So I've been thinking about DIY, I know that it requires a lot more work for the MKV front suspension to install springs/shocks, but do you guys think I...
  11. K

What to do?

I'm thinking of buying euro springs, oempl.us has them but I don't know if they are 100% correct ones, parts4vw.com has been test-fitting them so it's gauranteed to be the right ones, but they don't have them in stock yet and no idea when they will actually be in stock. What to do?
  12. K

Ever wondered what the stock exhaust sounds like?

Well here's a clip I made(sorry you can't see anything): http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4246065473258227909 And a bonus footage of some acceleration: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1068018509730729810
  13. K

Single annoying rattle

My car's pretty much rattle-free except for this one and the one in the sun glasses holder which I don't mind at all. I was just wondering if any of you guys have this other rattle I have because it's pretty annoying, it sounds like a spring of some kind is loose somewhere (the sound is the...
  14. K

What can I do now?

I cleaned it off (assuming it was bird poop, though it was dark orange colored) as soon as I saw them (one on the hood one on the fender) so they couldn't have sat there for any longer than 8 hours. Yet this is what's left and I can't get it off no matter what, I tried everything, AIO, SSR...
  15. K

Puppy question

I and the gf already have had a cat with us for a long time and we are now looking to get a puppy as well, there is still one question that I don't understand though. How do dogs go to the restroom? I know the whole dog walking thing but it's just hard to believe that dogs will only pee/poop...
  16. K

Broke my thumb

Damn this sucks, never realized just how much harder everything is when you don't have a working right thumb. I can only imagine the difficulties disabled people must face everyday.
  17. K

GTI on the ring?

Does any video of a MKV GTI running a full lap of the Nurburgring with a in-car view exist anywhere on the net? I'm absolutely in love with any car video featuring the ring and I'd love to see a GTI run it more than anything! Any hope?
  18. K

Dammit

I don't know why I clicked on that damn thread but if I ever find a good deal on one I'm pretty sure I'll be burning my savings again. :mad: Just seems like a perfect hobby/beater/wrenching type of car. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1024875
  19. K

The fun thing about a turbocharged engine

Is that I could spin the tires with a 2500rpm "launch" (more of a fast take-off) in the rain, lol. It was pretty fun to do. :biggrin:
  20. K

The Ring

Has any member here, or anybody you know, lapped the MKV GTI around the Nurburgring yet? I'm wondering what the time is. I'm constantly lapping 8:50 in GT4 on PS2, but that's a game. I'm wondering what a realistic number would be.