GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. brekdown29

Who has/had COVID?

I wonder what my 40-year old buddy with no underlying health conditions or co-morbidities would say about this who was on the verge of needing a respirator back in December but because he was "too young" and the hospitals here were rationing ventilators and beds, told him he was out of luck...
  2. brekdown29

Volvo's S60 and V60 Polestars Coming to the USA in 2014

http://www.nextpolestar.com/#/showcase Can't wait to pick one of these babies up in a couple years after some other sucker takes the depreciation hit. The "View in 3D" feature is really cool.
  3. brekdown29

2014 Forester XT

Anyone else interested in this? I'll be leasing one of these as soon as they get released to accommodate my growing family. Brand new engine (turbo four 250/258), transmission, and AWD features and the interiors are also improved. I actually like the way it looks too, especially the p-chopped...
  4. brekdown29

FYI: OEM Batteries Suck

Gone through two of them in just over 4 years. Just threw an Interstate battery in and the starter has never turned over more smoothly or quicker. Plus it comes with a 2 year full replacement warranty and 6 year pro rated warranty. I had an Interstate in one of my past cars and it lasted for...
  5. brekdown29

Official Complaint Thread for SW Summers

Fuck. It's so fucking hot. This is bullshit. BTW, purpose of this thread is that I find myself whining about the heat to either myself or others several times everyday. This is like my therapy rant. Hopefully it will make me a stronger person.
  6. brekdown29

FS: Stock engine mounts (side engine and transmission)

Used for 50,000 miles. No signs of excessive wear. $90 shipped OBO. Will fit the following apps: Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Audi A3 1.9 / 2.0 TDI (6 speed & DSG) Audi S3 2.0 TFSI / 2.0 TSI Audi TT 1.8 TFSI Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Audi TT 2.0 TDI (6 Speed & DSG) Seat Leon Mk2 2.0 TFSI...
  7. brekdown29

Platinum Gray OEM Votex Lip

Still on the car now but will be swapping it for a textured euro lip soon. Seeing if there's any interest. Shipping these things is always pricey, so I'm just asking for the buyer to pay for shipping plus $130 firm. I will have pics once off, but get in line now. There are some scrapes on the...
  8. brekdown29

Spotted: Chromed out Lambo

My brother works valet at a rather affluent club in Scottsdale where he's had a chance to drive, I mean park, all kinds of crazy rides, including a Veyron on more than one occassion. This one might take the cake though. WTF?!
  9. brekdown29

Squeaking/creeking coming from rear suspension one week after new shocks installed

Looking for some expert input here. This is not related to my car, rather my wife's Toyota Rav4. She just had new struts and shocks installed. Everything was normal for the first week or so. We took a trip to CA with a full load in the rear and after 7 hours of driving and getting to San...
  10. brekdown29

Does occasional rubbing damage tires?

Just curious about this because I've been doing a lot more rubbing lately since I replaced by Kumho SPT's with the General UHP's. Taking any bump at a decent speed usually results in that quick rubbing sound on the rears, where I have 15mm spacers. Does doing this a few times every day...
  11. brekdown29

Can the n75 from the ko3 be used on a ko4?

Same part #? Thx.
  12. brekdown29

Switched to stock mode and DSG is smoother

Taking my car in to the dealer for some warranty work so I switch to stock mode. I haven't been in stock mode for a very long time and I immediately notice that the DSG feels much smoother. I thought these issues were resolved a long time ago. I have revo 2+ on a 2007 and just learned to...
  13. brekdown29

Volvo V60 wagon

Of course this won't reach America since it's actually awesome. With a chip you can see around 350 hp.
  14. brekdown29

Hyper silver finish?

Anyone have this type of finish on their wheels? Any shade, but the darker the better. :thumbsup: Pics please.
  15. brekdown29

FS: Eurojet 3'' SS V-banded test pipe

I'm swapping this out next week for a catted mid-pipe section. $75 (obo) plus buyer pays shipping (not negotiable). Will have pics next week once it's off.
  16. brekdown29

Anyone using a 100 cell cat?

I'm just curious if there will be a significant reduction in exhaust gas smell going from a test pipe to a midpipe with a 100 cell cat. My only other experience is a 400 cell cat which did a nice job of trapping exhaust gases, but 100 cell is obviously much more free flowing. I don't like the...
  17. brekdown29

Just installed: EJ SS 3'' non-res decatted DP

I just swapped out my AWE dp with this one. It's good quality and the modular nature of it kicks ass. The tech had no issue mating it up to my AWE catback and the install took less than an hour. I think I will be getting the resonator section soon though as this thing is now loud as holy hell...
  18. brekdown29

PHX locals get first dibs on AWE FSI Downpipe

Comes with ceramic cat and integrated resonator. This will fit Jetta's or GTI's. May need some minor fabrication to work with your existing catback exhaust, but nothing any reputable exhaust or tuning shop can't do on the cheap. If you need recommendations I have them. Should be off in the...