GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Time for me to say goodbye.

Sold my GTI last night, just wanted to stop by here and say thanks to all you guys who make this forum what it is. There is a lot of good information here and its been great to have over the life of ownership. It was just time to move on. I'll still stop by time to time and lend my semi...
  2. R

In case you guys might know

Selling my car. Here's the classified for it incase you guys know anyone in the market for one. I'm pretty flexible on the price. F/S Thread
  3. R

Feeler: 2008 UG GTI 2dr

Thinking about selling my 2008 UG GTI. 48,5xx miles on the clock, just recently had the 50k service done at VW. Mods: Suspension/Handling: H&R Premium Performance Coilovers H&R 24mm rear sway Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 225/40R18 with ~60% life left *optional* Set of (4) Bridgestone Blizzack LM60 -...
  4. R

Though I would share

Figure this might be of interest to a lot of you guys. Its a website that lists all gas stations nationwide that do NOT put ethanol in their gas. I filled up a full (14gal) tank of it a few weeks ago (currently on my second tank) and I can positively say that the car runs way smoother and my...
  5. R

rabbit vs gti bumpers

Quick question guys, are the mounting points or brackets different between rabbit and gti front bumpers?
  6. R

The *new* more awesomer gas prices thread.

Thought it would be better to keep track of prices with a poll. I just paid an astronomical 65 bucks to fill my car up today.
  7. R

Best place to buy a front bumper?

So I'm in the market for a new GTI front bumper (for reasons I dont want to discuss) and i am looking for the best price. Best I have seen so far is 1stvwparts which is ~$350.
  8. R

Wireless Router advise

So I'm looking to upgrade my out dated Linksys WRT54G wireless router. I have been looking at some of the new Cisco models (E2000, E3000) and D-Link (DIR-601) but have been noticing a trend with dropped connections and necessary reboots to restore all wifi connections. You guys have any advice...
  9. R

Does anyone know....

...if the Kufatec E-MFA add-on (seen here) displays oil temperature on our cars? I know the boost feature doesn't work but if it does oil temp then it might be worth getting.
  10. R

Winter Adventure

After snowing about a foot in the passes the next few days were cold and sunny so I decided to go for a little drive and test the new snow tires. As always C&C welcome. Enjoy :thumbup:
  11. R

WTB Rear Window Wiper Assembly

This is for all of you who have done the rear wiper delete. Looking to buy... 1. Wiper motor (w/3 nuts to secure it to hatch) 2. Wiper arm assembly 3. Rubber gasket for window (not necessary if lost or in poor condition) PM me with price offers guys.
  12. R

Interlagos Seat Cleaning

So I had a great Halloween up until the point my buddy puked in my car. Basically got on the passenger seat mostly. I cleaned up most of it but the smell seems impossible to get rid of. He is going to pay for everything involved in the cleanup but I am going do deal with it because I want it...
  13. R

Initial Review: Denso Iridium Spark Plugs

Just changed my plugs to Denso Iridium 1 Step colder (PN: IK20#4). I love them. 1. Cold Start Misfires are a thing of the past now 2. Car starts much faster 3. Idle is much smoother 4. No more absurd timing pull under WOT I was debating between the Denso's and the NGK's. Decided to go with...
  14. R

Need to Let off some steam...

I hate my fucking job. I'm not going to reveal who I work for or what I do because it's not necessary for this post. I just feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place knowing that finding another decent paying job in this economy is next to impossible. Part of me just says suck it...
  15. R

Spark Plugs

So I have sifted through all the threads on oem vs 'aftermarket' spark plugs. I'm not looking so much for opinions here but would rather hear technological reasoning for changing from oem plugs. I'm getting close to 40k miles and want to replace my plugs. Can someone honestly tell me if there...
  16. R

Wheel Weight

Can anyone verify the weight (per wheel) of Oettinger Type RE 18x8.5 wheels?
  17. R

Who Knows...

Where to get the best price for R-Line fog grilles and the Golf GT upper and lower grilles? I need a new look for the front end and I am sold on this combo. Thanks in advance!!!
  18. R

For those of you with aftermarket DPs

I currently have a 3" catless ATP downpipe but I am going to need to replace it with a catted one so I can pass my emissions test (I recently moved). My question is to those who have successfully passed emission testing with a 3" catted downpipe and what company is it. Thanks :thumbsup: !
  19. R

Yet another Cam Follower thread....

Well i recently moved from Seattle to Dallas and thought to myself that it would be a good idea to check and install a new cam follower before I left. Car had 28,xxx miles on it, first time being changed. All the DLC coating is gone on the cam side and also where the hpfp hits the inside. All...
  20. R

Ran Some Logs Today

Need Help deciphering my logs. Car has been doing some funky stuff so i decided to run some logs and see whats going on. This is my attempt of some pretty elementary graphing of the data. Anybody shine some light on whats going on here? BTW: this was a 2nd gear pull... Blue = Actual...