GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jnj2455

5 Thoughts I had daily driving a 19 y/o car instead of the GTI

Disclaimer: This is a long article that I wrote as somewhat of a joke for my coworkers who, for some odd reason, were genuinely interested in my thoughts of jumping from my beloved GTI to an old family car. I’m not a journalist by any stretch of the imagination and by all technicalities, English...
  2. jnj2455

Mac OS Mavericks

Anybody else running this and feel like it sucks peen? I have a Fall 2011 Macbook Pro 15" 2GHz i7 and it originally came with a 4GB of RAM memory. I had been running Mountain Lion perfectly fine and when the update for Mavericks came on I just blindly downloaded it onto my computer. I typically...
  3. jnj2455

Parking violation for a place I've never been??

This is a huge wtf and I've never had this happen before. I got a very irate phone call from my mother today saying that they got a letter from Fairview Township, NJ saying that the registered owner of the GTI (technically my dad) failed to show up to court and that the $30 parking violation has...
  4. jnj2455

Subject myself to a long commute?

I'd appreciate any input from those who have long driving commutes about this. In short, I'm currently 23, just a year out of engineering school and I've been residing with my folks back home roughly an hour and half due west of Manhattan. I'm about to embark on some career changes and I'm...
  5. jnj2455

Another Comparo. CPO CC vs. 328i xDrive

This may not be the best of comparisons as the nature of these two cars are very different. But i want to hear the views from others and perhaps even people who've had them. Basically, I've been looking on and off for my father's replacement as his next daily driver for a while now. We've...
  6. jnj2455

Wow you robust little thing...

I was in New England this weekend and at points was on the beaches in Newport county in Rhode Island. A baby shark had washed up and all the locals were freaking out about it so me and my friends decided to check it out. The shark washed up on a very rocky area with little sand to stand on so...
  7. jnj2455

Any road bikers here?

In lieu of mourning over my now past relationship, one of the things I've always wanted to do was pick up road biking after college. I think it would a great exercise thing and the places I could see could be a fun thing. I was wondering if people could suggest any good novice bikes for me...
  8. jnj2455

So I can cross that off my list of to-dos...

Well, never thought this would happen, but tonight at about 10 past 6, the basement of my relatively large fraternity house erupted in flames. The fire started from a pile of clothes, that were oddly nowhere near the laundry/dryer room. They had just installed two new washers and dryers in the...