GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

FS: Misc. MKV GTI Parts

I sold the gti and am now looking to sell off whatever parts I never got a chance to install. With that being said, I have the following items up for sale: Ksport Coilovers (Brand new) - Sold Revo SPS Select Plus swtich - Sold Rev E pcv valve(full kit) - $100(new) shipped Vag com (Hex/can) -...
  2. C

Car misfires frequently

I am baffled as to why i see a misfire like every other week. I changed my plugs to ngk bkr7e's, as well as changing to rev d coilpacks. The misfire is always showing up in cyl 1 and 2. Any ideas, aside from taking it to the dealership to have them look at it? Is the gti normally very sensitive...
  3. C

FS: Forge 2.0T DV

I have for sale a forge diverter valve for the 2.0T. It has been used for roughly 1000 miles. The package will include the valve itself and the bracket that contains the plug for the electrical connection to the DV. The IM tap with 3 ports will also be included. Since the vacuum hoses got hacked...
  4. C

Misfire!

So lately I have been getting a cylinder 1 and 2 misfire along with an evap emissions control fault, as verified by the vag com. I took it to the dealership and they fixed the evap emissions control fault by replacing the n80 valve. When i called to see if they had fixed the misfire, they told...
  5. C

eclipse cd5000 sirius module

Not sure if this has been asked already, but I will ask anyhow. I have a eclipse cd5000 cd player with sirius and hd radio capabilities. My factory radio came with sirius radio and the tuner box under the passenger seat. My question is: Will i be able to use the factory antenna connection (under...
  6. C

Climate control trim piece

Anyone know where i can get that piece that goes around the non electronic climate control. The plastic piece that has 3 holes cutout in it, below the radio. When i was installing my radio, I yanked on the piece too hard and the 4 clips across the bottom separated from the plastic. I spoke to...
  7. C

Component Mounting Depth

Hi guys, I have sort of a dilemma on my hands. I realize that the front 6.5in midbass speakers have a shallow mounting depth. I have a pair of elemental designs EDi6500s components that have a 2.8in mounting depth for the mids. I realize I probably wont just be able to drop these in place of the...
  8. C

Oil Cap!!!

Hey guys, Ever since I got my TT catback on, I have been noticing a whistling noise under full throttle. Today I got the bright idea to check my oil level since I haven't checked it in a while. Well it turns out that the top part of the oil cap (handle you hold onto to turn the cap and take it...
  9. C

FS: Car Audio Subwoofers

Hey guys, I have some spring cleaning to do to make room for my new sub that I should be receiving soon. I have up for sale the following: 1. Kicker Solobaric L5 D4 in a 1.5 cube ported box (2005 model) 2. Brand new Elemental Designs 9kv.2D4 sub I am hoping to get $150 for the kicker setup...
  10. C

New Head unit install

Does anyone know if you need to have the antenna plugged into the aftermarket head unit for it to power up? I was wiring up my Eclipse CD5000 head unit and I wanted to test its operation before I put all the trim panels back in. I swore that I heard the cd player portion of the head unit make...
  11. C

Whats up with Revo

Anyone else have trouble reaching their business office? Is the UK holiday still going on? I just get the answering machine whenever I call them.
  12. C

ATP dp on stock exhaust

Well long story short, I finally installed my ATP dp with some help from a co-worker. I fired er up and :evil:. I also had my stock resonator removed, so its now loud enough to wake the dead. The first 5-10 minutes of driving were nice, but it quickly got old. Do you guys think that if i get a...
  13. C

Fault code...help!

Hey guys when doing a vag com full scan, It seems that I have a fault. I get the code 16825/P0441/001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow. Has anyone gotten this code and knows what the issue may be? Its not one of those simple "make sure your gas cap is screwed on all way," sort of...
  14. C

2008 BMW M3 is hawt!

Hey guys, here is a neat vid I found on automobile magazine website that compares 08 Infiniti g37 with the 08 M3. They have some sound clips of how the new 8 cyl engine in the bimmer sounds and it sounds sick. http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0703_2008_infiniti_g37_bmw_m3/ Sorry if...
  15. C

Help Analyzing Logs

Hey guys.....just got done taking logs with a buddies vag com unit. I am revo stage 1 (93 octane) and we also took some logs of his mkv gli with apr 93 octane for comparison. I am not sure how to deal with these graphs, much less understand what the numbers mean. Cliff notes........I followed a...
  16. C

Vag Com Logging

I am just curious how many of you revo flashed gti's actually had the dealer generate logs of your timing, boost, fuel...etc? I just emailed revo and asked if it was common practice for dealers to do this and the response was "Its pretty common to take logs, but sometimes time constraints dont...
  17. C

Revo SP3 switcher

So a guy over at my old stomping grounds, 8thcivic, got rid of his audi tt and saved his sp3 switch. He had gotten in contact with me and wanted to sell me it for a great price, pretty much $150 under retail. I am seriously considering this because it allows you to tune many parameters of the...
  18. C

Got the modbug

So I caught the modbug and decided to buy the ATP 3in catless dp. I got it for $319 shipped. How do you suppose this will work on a completely stock car with stock catback? Will I lose any power anywhere in the powerband? Will my car sound like ass? Is it easy to install, with basic hand tools?
  19. C

New GTI Owner Here

Hi everyone, my name is Niraj and I am addicted to boost. I am a recent honda convert and just got rid of my 06 si this past weekend. I picked up a slightly used 2006 GTI 2.0T 6spd manual, in the bright red color. The car is friken sweet compared to the civic. The only thing i would say the...