GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Pls help -need 2006 GTI Owners Manual

Hello, I looked online for this, and most sites only supported later models... then other online sources were sketchy. Do you guys know of a reliable source for a 2006 GTI Owner's Manual in a PDF? Side note: looking for the "official" mfr recommended motor oil type or types for the 2006 FSI engine.
  2. M

Please help me ID this 2006 GTI 2.0T FSI BPY engine component -oil leak

This thread got 40 views and no replies. I made an edit of my initial post, -maybe this edit will help other people reading this. Hello everyone, I stumbled while searching online, and I came-up empty. I am lost. I was not able to figure out what system this part is connected to, or what this...
  3. M

2006 engine fuse box High & Low type -verses- the box views of SA and SB fuse panels

Hello everyone, I recently posted these pictures in another thread. I thought these pictures might get buried in that thread, so I decided to create a new thread. I hope these pictures will help other people searching for help in the future. The Fuse Panel pictures I created are based on...
  4. M

Please help to ID an 80A MIDI fuse 2006 GTI, -plus related info

Hello everyone, My Son's 2006 GTI, with DSG. I found a large fuse (MIDI fuse type) 80A blown. I have little details on the car symptoms when the fuse blew, but did hear that "the A/C stopped working" and the car also acted like the Alternator had died. Alt output voltage at the battery...
  5. M

MKV GTI Alternator "connector replacement" verses a Pigtail connector for this alternator

Hello everyone, I am in the middle of replacing the Alternator on a 2006 GTI (my 17 year old Son's GTI). We bought this car in Oct 2019. As were some of the other connectors, the 2-pin Alt connector had been previously damaged, and it refused to be disconnected. After all my tricks and...
  6. M

Hello- 2006 GTI engine picture

I posted in the Introduction thread about 14 days ago. We just bought our first VW recently. I am (a newb) learning about the MKV GTI. I will post real questions & comments in a few days, but I wanted to see if I can successfully post pictures in this forum first. This pic shows the...