GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Pls help -need 2006 GTI Owners Manual

Hello, I looked online for this, and most sites only supported later models... then other online sources were sketchy. Do you guys know of a reliable source for a 2006 GTI Owner's Manual in a PDF? Side note: looking for the "official" mfr recommended motor oil type or types for the 2006 FSI engine.
  2. M

Please help me ID this 2006 GTI 2.0T FSI BPY engine component -oil leak

Thank you again, both of you, to get me headed into the right direction. I will soon start a new thread, because this has now developed into a different problem. When I start the new thread, I will post a link to that new thread here. The new thread will be about the oil leak that we discovered...
  3. M

Thanks again GTI's, The whole story is too long or too annoying to tell. The summary is (1) the engine top-side OEM noise pipe is gone <it was there when I was involved during the car purchase> (2) the "noise maker" inside the cowl area may or may not be installed. There is a cap at that cowl...
  4. M

Thank you both, it really helps me, and the GTI problem. I was delayed and still delayed to get back to work on this GTI. I hope to get back to this work within a few days. I will post back and add a photo ASAP. Cap/Plug is damaged via crack in the rubber. Not sure if I want to buy the 770K...
  5. M

Thank you for your reply. After several views, and your comments, it seems this engine item is a bit of a mystery for most people here.... but why is it a mystery? I assume this item is part of the OEM configuration(?). My initial thought was someone here would jump up & scream "Yes! That part...
  6. M

This thread got 40 views and no replies. I made an edit of my initial post, -maybe this edit will help other people reading this. Hello everyone, I stumbled while searching online, and I came-up empty. I am lost. I was not able to figure out what system this part is connected to, or what this...
  7. M

2006 engine fuse box High & Low type -verses- the box views of SA and SB fuse panels

I made a change to post#1. Here is the summary of that edit: These images are modified (by me) excerpts from the K0058990621 Wiring_Diagrams_and_Component_Locations PDF. I added comments into these images in order to help other MKV GTI car owners. I did not remove any copyright stamps from...
  8. M

Simple solution: P2401 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit

@ ROH ECHT - Ah! Ok. Got it. Side Note: I was married to a German speaking woman for 15 years; some of those years in Germany. So I quickly noticed your handle name; a good handle name. Our two kids are also lightly inflicted. I will follow-up your fuse inventory, and do an inventory on our...
  9. M

2006 engine fuse box High & Low type -verses- the box views of SA and SB fuse panels

I hope they would take into account "intent". Fuse location and fuse chart info should have been provided to the car owner via the Owner's Manual. It is a 14 year old car, gimme a break... Furthermore, I am not advertising this, or attempting to sell this info. This is a lone attempt to help...
  10. M

Hello everyone, I recently posted these pictures in another thread. I thought these pictures might get buried in that thread, so I decided to create a new thread. I hope these pictures will help other people searching for help in the future. The Fuse Panel pictures I created are based on...
  11. M

Simple solution: P2401 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit

For no good reason, I decided to create a companion picture for the first picture at Post#3. The first picture was for fuse panel SA, and this new picture is for panel SB. Reminder: SA and SB are one fuse box; located inside the engine bay.
  12. M

Hello again. I do not expect you to reply, but I wanted to let you know that I did not understand what you meant in your last sentence. "...And still my fuses didn't 100% match the E-Box High layout diagram it showed would be in the side dash panel." -what? The fuse panel located inside the...
  13. M

I have the original car owner's manual for the 2006. The fuse ID & fuse layout info in this manual is very poor & very limited. This info is very close to worthless. I have been disappointed with the owners manual; too many sub-booklets within the binder & overall not easy to navigate. The fuse...
  14. M

Please help to ID an 80A MIDI fuse 2006 GTI, -plus related info

Update on this thread: We were able to disconnect the PSCM wiring at Fuse SA2 and at the ground wire for this system at the battery area. After removing the battery & the battery tray, we unwrapped and inspected the hot & ground wires (for the PSCM) and found no damage. We could not follow the...
  15. M

Good comments, thanks. I did previously consider that; SA2 might also be powering everything inside the PSCM, and not only the motor. However, I assume that only the motor can draw HIGH amps, and enough to blow-up an 80-amp fuse. Bad assumption. Noted. I will re-scan it, if and when SA2 is not...
  16. M

Update about the GTI fuse that blew (SA2) for the power steering motor (V187): My son and I are moving very slow on this GTI repair, maybe because the car is not supporting a normal mandatory car role, it is not needed to support life and a job. Despite our slow work, we want to get our GTI...
  17. M

Thank you again for your help GTI's. I bought a 1-day subscription to erWin about 6 hours ago, and I believe I have already downloaded all the info I need. I will review this subject after I sleep. I have a day-off tomorrow, so I can jump back onto this tomorrow.... in about 7 hours, or...
  18. M

Here are my questions from Post #4 with answers: ((and then a new question at the bottom )) 1 - Validation that the 80A fuse is properly identified as SA2? (Yes. This is now verified) 2 - Validation that SA2 provides power ONLY to the PSCU? (Yes and No. The PSCU acronym is wrong. Using PSCM is...
  19. M

Extra-extra thanks goes out to GTI's for the wiring diagram (3 pages) PDF he sent to me for the (80A - MIDI fuse type) Power Steering System. I sincerely appreciate your time to help me and my family. Also, and maybe more important, is that GTI's told me about this website...