GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. doc280

HELP!- MK5 VW GTI no start after HPFP and Intake cam replaced

I could be wrong, because I can not find it now, however I thought being one tooth off would not cause an impact, but would cause a non-compression issue? Either way check the timing of the chain.
  2. doc280

HELP!- MK5 VW GTI no start after HPFP and Intake cam replaced

Love this guys video on how to time the chain when replacing it. I followed his procedure and everything worked out great for me.
  3. doc280

FSI camshaft tools for sale

For sale: 1) Assenmacher T10252 camshaft locking tool This is the solid camshaft locking tool, made in the USA 2) Volkswagen T40080 poly drive socket 3)Volkswagen T10020 timing belt tensioner tool 4) Volkswagen timing chain pin $110.00 shipped Payment with PayPal
  4. doc280

Misfire on mk5 fsi

Make sure to check all your vacuum lines, a vacuum leak will cause all kinds of misfire conditions. The age of these cars are making the vacuum lines fragile, I had the brake booster vacuum line fall apart when I touched it last week.
  5. doc280

Changing out FSI timing chain.....loaner tools

Just wanted to let you guys know I located all the parts and tools to do this job.
  6. doc280

Need help solving clunk noise!

Check your sway bar end links, if the joints are not moving smoothly they will also make a clunking noise. When this noise occurs it will sound like it coming from the subframe and also from the front strut tower.
  7. doc280

Changing out FSI timing chain.....loaner tools

I believe it maybe a good idea to change out the timing chain and tensioner. Does anyone here have the proper tools, willing to loan out or rent. I hate to buy a one time use tool and the cheap ones seem dicey at best.
  8. doc280

How are your motors holding up to high mileage?

225,000 miles, stock and still running strong. No oil leaks, no oil burning, no check engine lights, however she has racked up a few additional dents and scratches.
  9. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

Only one way to really install this mount. I won't pretend to know how all the forces react with this mount, but the aluminum member has come loose from the bushing and is in contact with the transmission. ( Yes, a lot a clunking sounds ) When I first saw this I thought the bolt was loose, but...
  10. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

Yes, you are correct, this part was a cheap part, that came with a engine mount kit, which I need to enter an entry about. The part is Chinese made and I just received a Czechoslovakian part to replace it.
  11. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

I take it this is not correct?
  12. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

I had read someone's DIY and totally bombed, so I did not save the page I was using ( Not blaming the DIY ). I will let you know, I have had the frontend apart again and actually was not off by much by eyeballing it. Yeah most people believe an alignment is just about saving the tires, but you...
  13. doc280

Headlight Adjustment not going exactly how VCDS says it should...

I am sorry, let me clarify. I did not go into VCDS, I just made the manual adjustment and all was good and has been for three years.
  14. doc280

Headlight Adjustment not going exactly how VCDS says it should...

I removed the plug, which covers the the up and down manual adjuster, and made the adjustment with a 6 mm hex.
  15. doc280

Belly Pan GTI MKV

Carparts.com has 1K0825235AE for $30ish dollars, which includes the shipping.
  16. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

April and plus, 2019 This repair, repair and the final correct repair took over 5 months. The front right marker turn signal light went out, not a big deal, buy a bulb and all is ok. Bought the bulb ( the guy from Napa gave me an extra bulb, thumbs up guy from Napa) and went to change it, only...
  17. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

April 2019: Time for the yearly maintenance: Oil and filter change Air filter and cabin filter check …. Ok Rotate tires …… these tires are holding up well Added water to the battery Brake fluid … good Coolant …. Good A good look over under the car, everything looks great and there are zero...
  18. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

This past year I took the opportunity to join the grounds crew at the local minor league baseball team. It was a chance to be able to get a better insight to the game I have loved over the years. So this vastly ate into my free time and I neglected this post. Obviously the GTI was mostly used as...