GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GIACUser

Put Golf R brakes up front today - review coming

I think you will find that with those pads, fresh rotors and maybe moving from ATE to Castrol SRF you will find a HUGE improvement at the track.
  2. GIACUser

Early Retirement Investing: Ditch my 2018 Golf R?

As someone who is retired. You should have a plan. If you want to retire at 45 you need to determine simple things like how much monthly income would I want to retire on. What will my expenses be. How long am I expected to live (how many years would I need income) Let say you need 100K per year...
  3. GIACUser

MKV Big Turbo Build

There is plenty you can do, its just super expensive and much more risky and less reliable. I have modded a lot of cars and when you push power past the capacity or to the edge it gets expensive and reliability goes down. Going past K04 gets expensive as you begin to exceed the safe capacity...
  4. GIACUser

MKV Big Turbo Build

I was at 480whp and on just my third lap at the track. The motor was built with fully forged parts not at all stock. Actually it didn't entirely blow, it still runs but it needs to come apart to have some damage fixed. Simple issue, guy who setup the fueling and tuned the car did not put in the...
  5. GIACUser

MKV Big Turbo Build

Good morning sir. As someone who has run just about every stage of power on his GTI over the last 12 years I would say just stay K04 and enjoy it. That is a great setup you have and probably the most problem free big power upgrade you can get for the money. If you don't have the money to rebuild...
  6. GIACUser

F23T upgrade

Just my 2 cents - when the f23T came out I followed experiences of owners rather intently as I was a K04 owner and f23T was one of the first K04 hybrids promising additional power. In short, this was (compared to K04) a very limited edition turbo and it had a high rate of failure in its first...
  7. GIACUser

Power loss - turbo not building boost as before!

I feel your pain, bummer. Gotta pay to play though.
  8. GIACUser

Search for RWD Track/Weekend Car (70k Budget)

I feel your pain and having owned both Corvettes and 911's previously if I had it to do over again I should have bought a used C6 Z06 and life would have been much simpler at the track.
  9. GIACUser

Fueling question

What is the condition of the cam follower under the hpfp?
  10. GIACUser

IT help/recommendations thread

Just to add one more option. in my job as as IT Director of a university I did deploy Wireless Bridge systems. The inexpensive ones currently on the market have max transfer speeds of 300mb which should be fine for your needs. Regular omnidirectional wifi hardware is limited in broadcast power...
  11. GIACUser

Ok, just keep in mind that boost is only air that has NOT gone through the system so it is not necessarily a measure of power. We would want to be on a dyno to really know if we are making more or less power. You could have more boost but less timing advance and make less power and you could...
  12. GIACUser

Yes, looks like the Snow is 1/8NPT female so should be able to go direct. Quick question, what are you using as a measure of power?
  13. GIACUser

Well, if you mount the solenoid very close to the jet then no. The reason it needs to be close when there is no check valve is that there will be "mix" in the length of tubing between nozzle and solenoid that can get pulled in when you are under vacuum. The longer the distance the more fluid...
  14. GIACUser

You would need to buy jet and holder that has check valve built in. I have mixed parts between kits to get the flow that I want. Snow or DO use push to fit 1/4in holders and your AEM kit uses 1/4in tubing as well so you can just take off the whole AEM holder/jet and push on a Snow or DO...
  15. GIACUser

Yes nozzle position could be affecting things and yes it is possible that this nozzle is still too large. Yes we would like to use full pump power but if flow is to great won't do us any good. I would get a 175cc jet with a checkvalve of course. The bung on your tube should be 1/8npt so jets...
  16. GIACUser

When making adjustments best to make a single adjust, then log. Based on your comments, yes move it back to 30, Is 30 the highest setting?
  17. GIACUser

Drum roll..... How did she run? Better or worse... are we going in right direction? How does the plug in cyl 3 look. (check gap and plug color again)
  18. GIACUser

Looking at your T7 run with no WM, it appears the ECU is pulling back timing about 2900 to 4500 rpm quite a bit so we want to cover that first and get you to spray early enough to get all of those -3s seen from 2900 rpm to 4500 rpm to zero. After 4500 it looks like tune must richen up and only...
  19. GIACUser

Happy to help. I think you will like the results when dialed in. I will be around this weekend, let me know how it goes. As mentioned it looks like you need to spray earlier so you will have to bring your start position down to a lower number. There is a certain lag between the engine reaching...