GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ROH ECHT

New Ceramic Cam Follower...who's game enough?

***Warning...See Post #10*** Yes, a cam follower made from Silicon Nitride. I just saw this for the first time and wondered who would be brave enough to try it...
  2. ROH ECHT

What's your timing chain stretch results...MB093

This is the BPY - FSI engine. I put off replacing my timing chain and tensioner this year due to already having much else to do. So I decided to just drive it easy for another year and take care of it next year. Although, I may go two more years because I do need another K04 next year (it's...
  3. ROH ECHT

Searching for part number for 2.0t FSI BPY K03 turbo muffler o-ring

Not for me, but trying to find for someone else. I see part number WHT 006 482 and Urotuning and ECS sites say this fits all MKV 2.0t. But then, on ECS's site, under fitment it says "Golf V_ All_2.0T", when I use the "Does this fit my vehicle" it will say only fits TSI. Someone else says this is...
  4. ROH ECHT

Seeking part numbers for 1.4L FPRV

Yes, looking for help finding the part number for the FPRV, or pressure liming valve on the fuel rail, of the 1.4L twin-charge engine. It's pressure relief opens at 172.5 bar. I am also seeking knowledge of any other 1.4L FPRV and its pressure limit which I am unaware of because I saw one post...
  5. ROH ECHT

GIAC High Output K04 file....

So, back in 2011 I got the High Output(HO) K04 file loaded. In 2013 to 2015 I ran the DriverMotorsport K04+ file. From 2015 to 2016 the supposed HO K04 file was loaded again but it didn't feel the same. I finally did more research and found the two files loaded last were not the HO K04 file. So...
  6. ROH ECHT

GIAC site now says K04 power is 280 HP and 285 lb*ft at the engine???

This (in the title) confuses me...see stage 3 K04; https://www.giacusa.com/supported_products.php?make=vw&model_id_1=202&engine=2.0 Turbo FSI Because years ago mine averaged more than that at the wheels on the dyno. My mass air of 280 g/s figures to be 345 HP at the engine these days. So, APR...
  7. ROH ECHT

Has anyone purchased a Borg Warner K04 rather than Genuine VW K04?

I have an original S3 K04 from back in 2010. It has 96k miles on it and someone recently told me they were seeing some smoke when I took off from stops when they were following me. I rebuilt the engine and head near 35k miles ago and I suspect this new sign of smoke may be the worn K04. ECS has...
  8. ROH ECHT

Testing the N80 I just removed.

This is just a "show what I found", so here's the N80 I replaced this morning. I tested the new N80 before installing it and it held vacuum 100%. Curious what might happen to the fuel trims. My LTFT (partial/off idle) is usually at 5% to 7%. I will data log it soon so to see if this changes...
  9. ROH ECHT

Headlight Adjustment not going exactly how VCDS says it should...

Headlight Adjustment not going exactly how VCDS says it should...I recently installed a new headlight assembly and finally drove at night and the left that I just replaced is lower than the right. ....but when I get to the step; Scroll up to Group 002. ....I cannot use the up or down buttons...
  10. ROH ECHT

Anyone need a Torqbyte PM3?

I am selling mine here: *SOLD* Never mind *SOLD* https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?threads/for-sale-torqbyte-pm3-and-vag-plug-n-play-harness-used-20k-miles.374339/post-7439010
  11. ROH ECHT

For Sale: Torqbyte PM3 and VAG Plug-n-Play harness; used 20k miles

*SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* I purchased the Torqbyte PM3 in Sept. 2017 so to use after I ran the Driver Motorsport K04+ Tune. When DM was dialing in my tune it had fuel delivery issues and I added the USP High FLow LPFP(which cost...
  12. ROH ECHT

Thinking of selling my Torqbyte PM3...what would be a fair price to ask?

I find it not needed for a non-custom tune having gone from Driver Motorsport back to my original GIAC K04 H.O. tune. A PM3 is still under the control of the oem pump controller/PWM and given a LPFP upgrade makes 6.6 bar/95psi with just 11.4 to 12.8 amps there's no need for additional amps...
  13. ROH ECHT

MK5 GTI Stock Spring Rates are...

OK, I have been searching and I cannot find anywhere that lists the stock spring rate for front and rear springs on our cars. Does any of you know where I can find this info?
  14. ROH ECHT

Probably the lowest 2007 MK5 GTI in the country...maybe not.

Auction ends Thursday 16 July 2020 @ 1:06pm Pacific Just sharing a friends MK5 with 37k miles on it that went up for auction on Bring-a-trailer; https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-volkswagen-golf-2/?fbclid=IwAR1OU_s8BAMAtNwvO0OidJKYRT2IKxRUH1wXSLB6c893Jl7cyx2HMVsfLZw
  15. ROH ECHT

VWoA switched from Castrol Edge to Mobil 1

VW dealer shops have switched from Castrol Edge full syn to Mobil 1...although the dealer shop has no Idea it is Mobil 1. I searched and didn't see this...so I am just sharing. I don't use either of the two. Disregard it isn't 502.xx 505.xx, just to show the new genuine VW oil...
  16. ROH ECHT

LPFP drop-in pump replacement...decision time. DW65v vs HFP-A35HV by Quantum.

Interesting to me, because today I have found test results for the DW65v and for another drop-in pump, HFP-A35HV sold by Quantum. Both were tested by RC Engineering. Results show the DW65v takes more amps to produce less volume both initially at 35 psi within a system and when pressures increase...
  17. ROH ECHT

Where are the MKV FSI Forum OG's?

Hello, I have no idea if this is OK with Admin...but I wanted to share with you long time MKV folks and others, another way to connect with other like minded people who have been active on the MKV forums forever. Some of us find ourselves on another MK5 fb group page and we seemed to always go...
  18. ROH ECHT

Code Commode

I usually do not see any codes, but today I saw some; P0139, P1114, P2181, and P3073 The cooling code, P2181, was near 700 miles ago with a frequency of 4. The fueling code, P3073, was near 650 miles ago with a frequency of 3. The two O2 codes were near 550 miles ago with a frequency of one and...
  19. ROH ECHT

Seeking help for stumbling at start-up

OK, I know one cause for stumbling when starting the engine can be fuel leaked from the injectors and sits in the combustion chambers and this excess of fuel is what will cause stumbling at start-up. This is only happening when the car has sat for some time. So, after giving it some thought, I...
  20. ROH ECHT

LPFP; 1K0-919-051-AP or 1K-919-051-DB

OK...looking for any help for my MK5; Not really looking for pressure production as in the title, but more so the volume ratio E.g. L/hr. I want to get a new oem LPFP to install while I rebuild my current one. I enter my VIN on VW's site and it shows the -AP is for my car...however, on ECS's...