GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WindowLickers United - Wearing A Mask Makes You Sick - Wearing A Condom Gets You Pregnant

The Atheist Test? Yeah, my intelligence has been insulted, but not in the way they think. Nice straw man there. It’s been a while, but I also read a great book: The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins. Turns out there is actually a rational argument to be made, not just “Ha ha, Coke can...
  2. A

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WindowLickers United - Wearing A Mask Makes You Sick - Wearing A Condom Gets You Pregnant

Since you brought up one’s grasp of the English language, it’s whose face.
  3. A

Sunglasses for Driving

Huh, interesting. Mine are at least ten years old. Maybe they did sell plastic lenses for a while then went back to glass only? Or maybe I do have glass and never realized? I don’t wear them much anymore, as I have other prescription sunglasses now. I only wear the Persols (and others) with...
  4. A

Sunglasses for Driving

I have a pair of Persols that I like. I also have a pair of Ray-Bans that are pretty much the same. Aren’t they owned by the same giant conglomerate now? Both have plastic lenses, although maybe some models do still have actual glass. I also have an older pair of Smith sunglasses that do have...
  5. A

What do you miss from your previous car?

I hear you... My last car was a 1999 Civic SiR. B16A2 with Comptech I/H/E. Yes, that run from 6-8,000 rpm was spine tingling. Like a swarm of angry mechanical hornets screaming to get loose under the hood. And only 2,600 lb, too. GTI feels like a tank in comparison.
  6. A

Movie and TV Recommendations

Yeah, language/subtitles are in the Netflix settings. Sometimes I have to get into the Apple TV settings too. I simply can’t watch anything that’s been dubbed. Drives me completely crazy. Not just that the lips don’t match up, but it’s like the original actor has been neutered. Even when you...
  7. A

Movie and TV Recommendations

^^ There’s no such thing as dubbing that’s been done well. Get into your settings and watch it properly - in German with English subtitles. I watched the first two minutes of season 2 in English by mistake, and it was total garbage. Couldn’t grab the remote quick enough to get it fixed. I...
  8. A

POLE - Measles and vaccinations - read thread for pole.

Right, but the problem is that if enough people choose not to vaccinate, then it fucks over all the rest of us. If I get vaccinated, it's not a magic bullet that means I am 100% protected - vaccination doesn't work that way, and nobody who is informed believes that it does. The benefit comes...
  9. A

Fuck no, it doesn't work that way. Read up on herd immunity. Christ almighty.
  10. A

It doesn't work that way. Read up on herd immunity: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity And you think it's all "propaganda bullshit" that thousands of people used to die annually from diseases like measles and polio, but now they don't?
  11. A

It doesn't work that way. Read up on herd immunity: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity
  12. A

To you canadians bitching about our "low" US car prices...

Yeah, your reading compression is just fine. Might want to work on the writing, though.
  13. A

Dude complains in one post that his taxes are stupid high to pay for health care. Dude complains in another post that health care sucks because dad has to wait. Other dude posts: "You want it all but you don't want to pay for it." I see that you have some issues with taking everything...
  14. A

She got care right away: pain meds, cleaning the wound, etc. Took a few hours before the surgeon saw her and did an initial reposition of the bone. She was doped up and taken care of the whole time, so the wait for surgery wasn't completely outrageous. Of course, that's IMO - I wasn't the one...
  15. A

Oh, sorry, my apologies. I thought you were the same mattdibart who was complaining back on page two of this thread about the stupid high taxes you have to pay.
  16. A

^^ You want it all and you don't want to pay for it. Typical Canadian attitude.
  17. A

It's called triage: those who don't need urgent care can wait for those who do. My wife broke her leg last month: compound fracture that required surgery. She waited in E.R. (overnight in the hallway) from 3:00 pm until she got in for surgery at 2:00 pm the next afternoon. So she had to wait a...
  18. A

Waiting for hordes of outraged Canucks to jump at your bait. It's so predictable, and embarrasing.
  19. A

It doesn't piss me off, but maybe that's because I have a sense of humour.
  20. A

Whats your occupation?

I fly Bell JetRangers, LongRangers and 407s in the Canadian Rockies. Work is pretty varied: ferrying passengers and gear into backcountry cabins, heli-hiking, wildlife surveys, sightseeing tours, filming, pesticide application, ...