GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. snobrdrdan

GTI to R32 suspension comparison

They would physically fit/bolt on
  2. snobrdrdan

Need help/advice on a Dealer's Body Shop issue....

True, and I don't need to be caught up in that and/or receive a bill later on for it either. The metal is scratched there too and I'm in the salt belt....god forbid it start rusting and look like shit too, then they could nail me.
  3. snobrdrdan

Thanks for the ideas, btw. I reached out to both my insurance company (Progressive) & GM today. Insurance/claim lady didn't call me back yet. I opened up a case with GM and am expecting a call on Wednesday. They are a certified collision center....so we'll see what happens there.
  4. snobrdrdan

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

9695307D-1D34-44C1-9871-5F9F00EAB1AC by snobrdrdan, on Flickr 0602B6D5-4E3B-450D-AFCA-2F28385067EA by snobrdrdan, on Flickr
  5. snobrdrdan

This is a lease car btw. Should I care 100%? Probably not, BUT we're still paying a decent amount of money for it & we still have 27 months to go on it. And it's the general principle that the vehicle shouldn't have been returned in this condition. I shouldn't have to look at the hack work...
  6. snobrdrdan

In Michigan, I could've taken it to any shop I want. This one wasn't a preferred shop though. They wanted me to take it to their Progressive body shop, and I wasn't too confident in that idea at all. They did the repairs there on site though. I would assume it's a GM repair center. Certified...
  7. snobrdrdan

I'll reach out to them, but I have a feeling this is all gonna fall on the shop (since they did the damage) & insurance won't get involved or step up. But it doesn't hurt to ask I guess
  8. snobrdrdan

Yeah...maybe I didn't investigate it too much & that's my fault. They were the closest and the guy said he'd give us a loaner vehicle while they did the repairs (since I didn't have rental car coverage on the policy). The lady at the desk said everyone that worked there, had been there for a...
  9. snobrdrdan

So an update....I went up there and talked to the General Manager today and he said he had talked to the Body Shop manager on Wednesday or Thursday and gave him the go ahead to repair it and that he was supposed to get with me to schedule it. The GM said "repair the dents" though....but I told...
  10. snobrdrdan

Bear with me on this story/ramble.... So we picked up our new '20 Chevy Traverse on 10/21/19, for kid hauling duty (wife's car). ~3 weeks later, on 11/13/19, a young girl ran a red light & hit it while the wife was on her way to work (she was fine). It went to the local Chevy dealer's body...
  11. snobrdrdan

282450C7-A423-4ED5-893C-11F46F5A8A57 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr
  12. snobrdrdan

F7236F4A-B692-454B-A77F-9AC1098F0540 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr 9F84DE30-3601-4E69-B475-C7ACD9C404C0 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr
  13. snobrdrdan

BC Racing rear spring install - How to torque lower shock bolt?

I think you're overthinking it. Just put a jack under the rear knuckle and then tighten/torque down the lower shock bolt. Then you can install the spring and then adjust the shock length. You can use the jack to compress the rear suspension to imitate the suspension loaded
  14. snobrdrdan

Front plate freedom day!!!

^^^ You can find the mushroom head push pins at the hardware store, in the plastic drawers of loose stuff, or at the auto parts store in the "specialty" fasteners stuff
  15. snobrdrdan

Hood won’t open!

LOL at the 0:53 mark