GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

What do you miss from your previous car?

Rear wheel drive. My wife still has the car a 2006 325i so I can drive. It is not nearly as fun or quick as the GTI, but rear drive is a different experience.
  2. G

R.I.P Sir Stirling Moss - a few pictures of the GTI he drove in 1979

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_Moss
  3. G

How Not to Drive Through a Roundabout

Only giving it a 6; did not stick the landing.
  4. G

The FED is back!!!

Yes, I missed the Fed. The place wasn't the same with out him.
  5. G

Pictures of you dog(s)

My Briard checked out in July after 16 years. My Briard Chloe is a new arrival last week.
  6. G

Fast egg at local carshow

Sweet. Looked like a great show.
  7. G

Any cyclist on here

Good input. Yes, bearing replaced as I estimated Wayne put 40K on the frame during the two years it was raced in the Continental team. I have put on approaching 20K miles since replaced. I did a bearing replacement DIY: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=144280
  8. G

Any cyclist on here

Just heading out. Three days a week. Live off of the Olympic Discovery Trail (ODT) so 62 miles of off road paved trail through the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I pinch myself all the time as I would fly across the country to ride the ODT. I do gravel on the Forest Roads around here...
  9. G

Recommendations for mobile workbenches?

For the price that is not too bad. Harbor freight usually has decent options. There $90 is equivalent with open bay below and for $170 you get a lot more drawers. Always can find a 20% off coupon...
  10. G

How much driving is a lot?

Giving her a car for driving a million miles. Pretty nice advertisement for Hyundai, win, win. Great story, thanks for sharing.
  11. G

Where to put your money

Personally, I would focus on enjoying what you have. That said, since the car is sold maybe you are on the Audi forum right now.:)
  12. G

Talk me out of leaving VW

I have a 97 Honda Civic which serve a number of purposes, truck, snow car, dog car, mountain car, extra car when one is down for work, and general beater. Have old dogs and the step is low, I live at the foot of the Olympic mountains so love it for getting to the trail heads, have fit 16 foot...
  13. G

I just found out my license plate is banned in DC

Dr Cosmo Kramer, Proctology. Assman is banned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2X_XNdmWws
  14. G

Paypal Question

I have never done that as I have had a PayPal account. However, the way I read this it appears so. https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards If I was the seller I might be concerned as you normally only ship to a PayPal verified address which is required to...
  15. G

The bike thread - mountain, road, fat, TT, DJ, cross... what are you riding?

My every day bike and favorite by far is my Serotta Ottrott. It was a real team bike ridden by US Bicycle Hall of Famer Wayne Stetina (yes, Peter's Uncle). A Time NXR Instinct is my weight weenie, braggin' rights bike. Gravel and travel bike is a Ritchey break-away. Mountain bike Santa...
  16. G

Ford Fiesta - No More?

The Fiesta ST was a lot of fun for little money, too bad. I am always saddened when a hot hatch goes away for the North American market. Americans just don't get it.
  17. G

My Blown Turbo Story

Totally blows (pun intended)! Such a bummer that it happened so far away from home. If it was home, $500 for a turbo, and a weekend and your fixed. Just a bad situation so far from home. Shoulda, woulda, coulda won't help. Enjoy your new ride and go into those dirt forest roads and go...
  18. G

VW Dog Toy?

Yes, VW is everywhere. Really interesting article; thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  19. G

Cant take it anymore. Thinking of selling my GTI

If you did a trade for a similarly condition used SE, you might not be out as much as one would think, likely not much more then the cost of a wrap. You can be patient and shop it until the right deal comes around. Coming from the autobahn may be difficult to go to S, 2016 SE with LP would be...