GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. 3carmonte

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

@csumt , That map, Re: HERE is more updated than Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) I never compared the two. That being said, even "HERE" is not reflective of all the cases in my County of Florida as of today. It is from last Friday as far as I can tell.
  2. 3carmonte

Here are the two best maps I have found. Cases: https://www.healthmap.org/covid-19/ Projections: http://covid19.healthdata.org/
  3. 3carmonte

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

You know you're getting old when you see automatic transmissions with paddle shifters replacing manual gearboxes in sports cars (DSG owner here) and automatic pellet feeding offset smokers replacing the traditional offset firebox Texas smokers. I saw my first pellet smoker on a TV special...
  4. 3carmonte

We are all shut down here in Pinellas Co. Only Grocery, Pharmacy and Phone stores open. All others have the "non-essential...until further notice's" posted. Most people here aren't really taking this too seriously. Monster pick-up, arrogant Florida Cracker mentality obviously. There are cases...
  5. 3carmonte

06 GTI, how's it look?

For me, "I would definitely have the car inspected on a lift by a VW mechanic if possible with no skin in the game. " Are you mocking me????😄
  6. 3carmonte

WTB MK 5 GTI

This is a nice car IMHO. It's a 2007 so fsi (which I prefer) and it's clean. Prolly cost a grand to ship it to you on a carrier. I'd buy it myself if I wanted another car right now. I'm always looking though...
  7. 3carmonte

Looking for recommendations for SoCal shop - that can R&R motor and repair internal damage

@GIACUser, I can't speak for southern California but in New York City (where I'm from) and here in Tampa Bay FL., there are a number of engine builder shops that specialize in refurbishing engines to like new (or better) condition (like a crate motor) and swapping them into cars with blown...
  8. 3carmonte

Ignition switch

If you tied it on a string and dragged it behind the car, it might make a little noise and a few sparks...
  9. 3carmonte

Stone chips

Since no-one has chimed in on this, I will. My Candy White paint has suffered some of the same dings as you are describing. The white paint is easy to touch up and blend in. I do it myself with a bottle of Rust Oleum "Scratch and chip repair" U5004C Universal Cool White that I got at Walmart...
  10. 3carmonte

Can anyone ID these wheels?

@ GTI's , On closer examination, you are spot on. For some reason the relief looked closer to the face of the spoke in his pictures. These are the rims no doubt. But then you knew that all along! 😊
  11. 3carmonte

The spoke's are missing the relief on the edges that his spokes have. Just saying. Close though.
  12. 3carmonte

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!

"The King is dead, long live the King?" Just for reference, the King is on the right and the Knave is on the left...nes pas? 🤣
  13. 3carmonte

Dropped the full view pic into Google Image search and Bentley came up. I Googled "Bentley Wheels" and a reference to https://www.carid.com/bentley-wheels/ There are Audi wheels in there too. A wheel shop might give you some insight.
  14. 3carmonte

How much worse is your winter MPG?

@somerset9 - Could your thermostat be stuck open? How long does it take for the car to reach operating temperature (midpoint on the temp gauge)? The ECU will feed a rich mixture until it see's temperature...
  15. 3carmonte

Bloody misfire 😫

Do you trust the fuel you're using?
  16. 3carmonte

Bloody misfire 😫

This may not be relevant but look it over...https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?threads/ignition-coil-spark-plug-problem.196127/#post-3842012 RE: "I’ve also noticed a milky residue u see the filler cap " Would that be your oil filler cap? We used to call that "Making milkshakes"...
  17. 3carmonte

Bad jumpstart

@GTI's - Your Knowledge is great Obe-Wan. I know nothing about Vag-Com, VCDS, Can-Bus Architecture, or most of the stuff you can do with a smart phone. I have learned that without that knowledge, diagnosing problems on these cars is "poke & hope". Is there a tutorial in here I can access do you...
  18. 3carmonte

Bad jumpstart

@GTI's , I diagnosed and located my bad coil pac using one of those. It shows codes and has a reset function...
  19. 3carmonte

Bad jumpstart

"@doc280 is right. The OBD2 port test will tell you something and allow a reset of the codes. (Free at Auto-Zone even...)" There is a connector at the bottom of the dash left of the steering column, just right of the hood release that you can plug one of these into: Alternate...
  20. 3carmonte

Bad Jumpstart

Active thread: https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?threads/bad-jumpstart.370495/#post-7377298