GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. ROH ECHT

Code Commode

I usually do not see any codes, but today I saw some; P0139, P1114, P2181, and P3073 The cooling code, P2181, was near 700 miles ago with a frequency of 4. The fueling code, P3073, was near 650 miles ago with a frequency of 3. The two O2 codes were near 550 miles ago with a frequency of one and...
  2. ROH ECHT

Seeking help for stumbling at start-up

OK, I know one cause for stumbling when starting the engine can be fuel leaked from the injectors and sits in the combustion chambers and this excess of fuel is what will cause stumbling at start-up. This is only happening when the car has sat for some time. So, after giving it some thought, I...
  3. ROH ECHT

LPFP; 1K0-919-051-AP or 1K-919-051-DB

OK...looking for any help for my MK5; Not really looking for pressure production as in the title, but more so the volume ratio E.g. L/hr. I want to get a new oem LPFP to install while I rebuild my current one. I enter my VIN on VW's site and it shows the -AP is for my car...however, on ECS's...
  4. ROH ECHT

Torqbyte's J538x is now available for PM3 users...

A few days ago I went to start the engine and it shook and stuttered and I stopped trying to start it. I attempted to start it again and it started normally. Next day I looked to see if any codes resulted from it and there was one, a P3073 code. When searching the possible causes I noticed...
  5. ROH ECHT

Made a new heat shield for the p-flo...vid also

Not really a helpful diy vid as I do not show the process, but to show you can just make a nice replacement heat shield if you like. Took me all of 45 minutes...perhaps one hour to include the measuring and layout. The process is described in the vid description...
  6. ROH ECHT

Smoke test "on the cheap"

Added a new vid to my U2B channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJjOyEkoyI Any helpful comments welcome...I did another test a while back and discovered a leak at the MAF using other ways and method of sealing things up...this is much better and will allow reuse in the future. I couldn't...
  7. ROH ECHT

The DM closed loop K04+ tune vs their original open loop tune...reviews wanted

I never even really tried the latest or last K04+tune, or closed loop tune, DM sent out just before they closed up shop. I received it in an email and loaded it but it didn't seem to run smoothly. I wasn't a fan of the open loop tune I originally got because of the boost remaining peaked...
  8. ROH ECHT

You have a HPFP Stud Kit and think the studs are a bit long...

I found them too long and shortened them after my first CF swap. If you too find it tough to remove the hpfp during CF swaps and it is due to the hpfp studs being a bit long...I made this vid. It isn't a HPFP stud in the vid. I went to the hardware store and picked up a M6x1 stud just to use for...
  9. ROH ECHT

Oil Temperature is -60°C in group 134...do you know why?

Title says it all...was looking at data due to other codes that popped up and saw my oil temperature data in group 134 was -60°C. That cannot be so I just wanted to know why this would be given the codes I did have had nothing to do with oil temp. They were P2181 and P0327.
  10. ROH ECHT

Codes P0327 and P2181 just now

Just got home having a CEL on the drive...P0327 and P2181 came up. And why is my oil temperature data in group 134 saying it is -60°C? It can't be that cold.
  11. ROH ECHT

VWoA, time to bring the Scirocco-R to the states....getting tired of waiting!

Been holding off getting a 5-door Golf R because waiting to see if VWoA is going to bring the type-3 Scirocco-R to the states after the type-3 being in production for ten years now...it is about time! Just because for entertainment; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYFHAGi8_sk
  12. ROH ECHT

Post the last picture of your MK5 and let's see how they are holding up...

It seems the MK5 GTI has sparked interest in the Golf that has been lacking in me since the MK3 and MK4 era. I loved the MK1 and 2, but really lost interest from the early 90's on. I was actually planning to buy a new Toyota 4x4. The local Toyota dealer here was also the VW dealer. One day I saw...
  13. ROH ECHT

Any help with K04 data for group range 90-98

Wanting to explore comparing your K04 data to mine and how the data may tell the condition of the cam chain and/or tensioner. I was watching data in 091, I believe it was, and the duty going into the 60% range while raising rpm's in park. This gave me the idea that with help from others data and...
  14. ROH ECHT

Forge K04 WGA VID showing initial WG preload

New addition to my channel; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyzS-vvuFmA&feature=youtu.be This is just showing how to set initial Forge recommended preload of three full turns. Obviously you will need to collect data and possibly make further tweaks to preload if needed. Please read the VID...
  15. ROH ECHT

What's wrong with this picture? Re; ECS's picture of Autotech's HPFP

I'm inquiring about this through messaging both ECS and Autotech just tonight so that ECS corrects their picture. Read your Tech-Instructions for install pdf. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-autotech-parts/hi-volume-fuel-pump-upgrade-kit/10-127-100k/ ECS and their pictures....I have ECS's Stage 3...
  16. ROH ECHT

Look at this WGDC...

Just ran a data pull today because of my Friggin' Boost thread. Boost data peaked at 22.3 psi and dropped to 17.7 psi, however, my gauge reading was 24 psi and dropped to 16 psi. Then there's this on less than a one year old N75; WGDC looked like this from 2500 rpm to 4100 rpm...where the...
  17. ROH ECHT

? about your GIAC K04 tune and Catless...round 2

Do you have a GIAC K04 HO tune w/145 bar RS4-fprv...and are running catless? Then, if so, does this make your high fuel pressure target drop to 110 bar? I ran this exact GIAC tune and had no problems. Then I switched to DM K04+ tune and went catless at the same time. I am now back running the...
  18. ROH ECHT

Friggin' Boost Again...

So...I've been driving quite mildly for some time but last night I gave a ride to someone at the Friday Night GTG. I notice my boost, and it peaked at about 24-25 psi and then dropped to nearly 15 psi before beginning to climb again. Today, while at C&C, I was giving a ride to a club member to...
  19. ROH ECHT

Just a moment for thanks...

Just want to thank everyone that has helped myself and others and continue to do so. I also want thank those just coming here to learn and be the next gen of helpers for future visitors as you keep this format alive. Obviously, this model has inspired passion in us and will likely continue doing...
  20. ROH ECHT

APR HPFP piston seal went fuzzy.

Today, I went to shorten the hpfp studs because they are just a bit too long for those reoccurring cam follower swaps. I cut 6mm from them(the end that goes into the tensioner cover), chamfered the cut end, and made sure the threads were clear and worked again. I made a stud driver using a M6x1...