GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. ROH ECHT

What Could Cause Missed DSG Shifts After Cooling System Service?

Not sure why a misfire code wouldn't appear on their scan tool. Could be a coil, plug, or anything ignition related to cause it to misfire badly. As U.G.MKV said, a flashing CEL is often linked to misfiring due to ignition or coils. Typically a misfire code is stored, but most others have found...
  2. ROH ECHT

Bloody misfire 😫

So, it is misfiring in #1 cylinder only. Which plugs exactly were installed? What was the preset gap? I typically find a coil does this. Coils do fail at a rate and will cause misfires occasionally rather than all of the time. Cleanliness for ground/earth is also important. No oil in the plug...
  3. ROH ECHT

Yes, but a code should still be stored. Have you had a look at stored codes since?
  4. ROH ECHT

Sensor issues

Why are they trying to clear it without fixing it? This really is the wrong forum for your car. Have you had no luck with searching the web? Here is one issue you may consider for the cam position code; https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?11930-Polo-1-4TDI-Bluemotion-2009-will-not-start...
  5. ROH ECHT

Help!

OK...so it never had codes? Or did service delete them upon repairs? So, the new turbo had new DV and N75 on it yes? Was the carbon build-up on the intake valves cleaned? What are its compression results? What are its fuel trims(additive and multiplicative)? What is the Waste-gate Duty Cycle in...
  6. ROH ECHT

You never know...I have felt strange stuff that never returned. It could just be fluid from the service that got into an electrical connector. I got some strange bucking before shortly after an engine bay cleaning with no codes. I normally/never get this, but that one time I used No Touch Tire...
  7. ROH ECHT

Code Commode

OK, I did discover today that the P2181 code is definitely the thermostat. I went to town and watched the gauge. It took a bit of time, more than usual, to reach the line just prior to the 190/mid mark. Then it dropped the the 2nd mark before the 190 mark. Then went back to the mark just...
  8. ROH ECHT

Valve guide seals?

Yes, oem rings and rod bearings were used. I didn't touch the cylinders as they looked fine. Rod upgrade for a K04 isn't really necessary, but I get wanting to for piece of mind. With the pistons removed, you may see small sections in the cylinder that appear polished by the piston skirts. You...
  9. ROH ECHT

Code Commode

I usually do not see any codes, but today I saw some; P0139, P1114, P2181, and P3073 The cooling code, P2181, was near 700 miles ago with a frequency of 4. The fueling code, P3073, was near 650 miles ago with a frequency of 3. The two O2 codes were near 550 miles ago with a frequency of one and...
  10. ROH ECHT

Valve guide seals?

First, you want to eliminate it possibly being the valve cover. But yes, it does seem to be seals and guides. But you will want to be ready to address piston rings as well. I went through all of this years ago at 120k miles. I discovered my valve cover was no longer sealed inside and I replaced...
  11. ROH ECHT

Bloody misfire 😫

The codes will help. If Misfire codes 300(generic misfire code) with 301 through 304(for all cylinders) appear, this usually means; the cause is other than spark or fueling because it is rare that all four injectors, plugs, or coils go bad at the same time. So the solution is going to likely be...
  12. ROH ECHT

P2294 /Fuel pressure regulator open circuit *PLEASE HELP*

Check again next to battery; F51 -SB51 -Fuse 51 (on fuse panel B)40A -J299-Secondary Air Injection (AIR)Pump Relay 29a F9 -SB9 -Fuse 9 (on fuse panel B)10A -N249-Turbocharger Recirculating Valve (AXX,BWA,BPY) N80-Evaporative Emission (EVAP)Canister Purge Regulator Valve 1 (AXX, BWA,BPY)...
  13. ROH ECHT

BTW, if all of your inspections fail...a skilled VW tech can check to be certain proper voltage is present at all possible connections.
  14. ROH ECHT

P2294 is typically wiring...but it can in some cases be due to a crack on the black portion on top. Can be attributed to another location as well. P2257 also detects an open circuit, so you may want to also inspect other things and their wiring to things plugged in near where you were working...
  15. ROH ECHT

Two months after replacing Oil Filter housing, leaking AGAIN.

It is likely just a clone and is out of spec. The seal grooves could be deeper than that of the oem. This would not allow enough compression on the seal when all is tightened. That seal doesn't seem to protrude much at all. In the first pic there is a small portion of the seal that looks to...
  16. ROH ECHT

"Mild" motor mount options?

Look at 034 Motorsport Density @ 60A durometer, or BFI Stage-1 mounts @ 70A durometer. ECS has their own set as well and it is 70A durometer and are equal to BFI Stage1. BFI Stage-2 mounts are 85A durometer. I have BSH mounts and they have a noticeable increase in vibes, but it isn't horrible...
  17. ROH ECHT

New PCV Valve but you can blow through the hose

Someone nearby asked me for help not long ago. He came over and I hooked up VCDS and saw it wasn't making boost. I looked under the hood and his EVAP to valve cover wasn't connected, but that obviously wasn't the cause of boost loss. He mentioned he just had the PCV replaced and I noticed the...
  18. ROH ECHT

Boost not building and fluctuating

You can test the PCV to see if it leaks or will hold boost, you simply blow into it to see if it seals when in boost...here's my vid; ...also, at 15 in Hg, I assume that is at idle, correct? It should be more near 20 or 21 in Hg. You possibly have a vacuum leak and not a leak in the boost...
  19. ROH ECHT

Blown turbo? Maybe?

Yes, it may not be the PCV, I only mentioned it because it should be checked. The N75 can crack or fail and drop its resistance. To access it, you need to remove the right side inner wheel liner. I do not believe any of those you mentioned would be the cause of exhaust smoke. For smoke testing...
  20. ROH ECHT

Blown turbo? Maybe?

There are problems with aftermarket PCV's. A local guy came to me to help discover why his made no boost. Could've been many reasons of course, but the first thing I saw was that the PCV he had just installed was "aftermarket". I disconnected the corrugated tubing to it from the intake manifold...