GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. flipflp

You'll want to start with what specs are needed for the wheels you purchase. VMR often makes...

You'll want to start with what specs are needed for the wheels you purchase. VMR often makes their wheels to use OEM bolts with the factory ball seat, Enkei does not and uses an aftermarket conical seat bolt. The only brands I really recommend are Gorilla or McGard, but some retailers like ECS...
  2. flipflp

Civic TyR Shredder

I think my buddy ended up with 18x9.5 Titan7s and 255 or 265 NT05s. I haven't asked about that and we haven't been to the track since but I'm sure it's different, maybe not better all around but different. 20's sound weird but Honda didn't do anything "just 'cause" on that car. Makes sense that...
  3. flipflp

How Do You Eat Corn On The Cobb

That's it! Grill your corn y'all. You'll thank me later.
  4. flipflp

You had me at burnt ends.
  5. flipflp

Normally I go by greens, or mac n cheese to rate a BBQ joint's sides, but that creamed corn looks amazing.
  6. flipflp

No but it's served on the streets: Ok so that stand is in TX, but it's easily the best example I can give.
  7. flipflp

Civic TyR Shredder

Exactly, they absolutely nailed it IF that is what you want. My buddy that has one wanted the whole package and loves the car. It's a weapon on the track, everything works great. On the street it feels fine, but it feels like a track prepped car. The seats are great, the interior is way over the...
  8. flipflp

Civic TyR Shredder

I've seen near to 500hp with headwork and maxing out the stock turbo and fueling. Honda builds great engines. This was on a track car, so fwd traction is less of a concern as it would be on a street car. Honda brought their A game. Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  9. flipflp

Civic TyR Shredder

Around a track? I'm not sure. I don't consider myself a good driver, but I do alright. My buddy has had more track time than me for sure, but I wasn't able to walk away from him as much as I would have expected, even just straight line stuff. Hey perfect timing...
  10. flipflp

Civic TyR Shredder

I was being chased around Buttonwillow by my buddy in his Type R with the factory wheels and tires. Those cars are FAST. Embarrassingly so for me since my car was on NT-05s and is not at all stock. The auto-rev matching and traction control and adjustable suspension and everything just works...
  11. flipflp

This thread is mighty wholesome. A lot like corn on the cob. No Californians wanna jump in with street corn recipes? GRILL YA CORN, apply butter, mayo, cotija cheese or parm cheese to coat, a little chili powder on that, and eat it like a typewriter...
  12. flipflp

Say Goodbye to the Volkswagen Golf R in 2020

I saw this article posted 7 different ways with varied levels of click bait titles today. Come on folks. VW Germany is retooling their plant for the MK8 production, therefore MK7.5 models will no longer be produced. No surprise. We also know/knew that the US likely wouldn't see the GTI until...
  13. flipflp

Automotive Industry Insight

I really wish that this forum had "points" or a "was this post helpful" type of system so that you could easily identify if something was extremely helpful or take with a grain of salt something that the majority of users didn't agree with or find helpful. Sure, that's just like Reddit's up...
  14. flipflp

How not to overbuild a gaming PC

Fair point, there also used to be more of an issue with SSDs slowing down because of a lack of "cleaning" previously used space, and that was a BIG reason you didn't want to use SSDs like a storage drive. I'm not 100% sure if that's still an issue because I know the drivers have improved...
  15. flipflp

I had that backwards, but I edited my post. Unless you buy a massive fast SSD it always makes sense to have a big HD to store big files/media on.
  16. flipflp

Oh gotcha, Primary or boot hard drives are generally faster but smaller/lower capacity where you have Windows and most of your programs installed, and a data drive would be a standard spinning drive where you'd store media and larger files. Things you don't access all the time or things you...
  17. flipflp

Not sure what that's in reference to, more info?
  18. flipflp

I've never dabbled into water cooling, but honestly get as big of a cooler that your case can fit IMO. There is no such thing as too much cooling really, you can overkill sure, but it's not going to hurt anything. My setup now is just running a low pro air cooler because of limited case space.
  19. flipflp

Car analogy...ummm, more RAM means more stuff can be buffered and delivered quicker soooo more RAM is like a big clutch and drag slicks, so you can launch really hard. Without that, you can still be fast but the reaction won't be as quick so there could be delays opening programs or in loading...
  20. flipflp

This is good advice, especially pushing your budget into the video card and power supply. I know "future proofing" is pretty much non-existent with computers, but don't get 2-3 year old motherboard tech/sockets. By biggest suggestion when shopping is Toms Hardware reviews, forums or PC magazine...