GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ROH ECHT

08 mk5 2.0 tdi sport starting problem

Every one of those codes is due to low voltage....where are you with that?
  2. ROH ECHT

The oil pressure sensor can prevent starting in some...but not familiar enough with the TDI. The engine speed sensor definitely will do so. If you've cleared codes and it hasn't yet run...it may not store another code until it is ran. But try a full auto scan. May not be anything there if/since...
  3. ROH ECHT

P0422 is a catalyst/O2 issue. It may be helpful to do a full scan, yes. You can search VCDS for fault codes to retrieve helpful info here...do not use the google search box I X'd out: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=
  4. ROH ECHT

Engine oil

As GTI's said, use a VW 502.00 approved oil and do not allow it in use of more than 5k miles or one year. Our Owner's Manual states "your car left the factory with Full Synthetic 5W40 oil with VW 502.00 Approval. You may use 5W30, if 5W40 isn't available, but only if the 5W30 also has the VW...
  5. ROH ECHT

Persistent P0087

No, but thanks. I see your replacement, although appearing to be slightly used, is at 42.5 mm. It's good confirmation of the specs I've seen to date. I don't personally need your VVT data, but it is good for you to know. I just changed my oil and I always look at MB 091 Blocks 2, 3, and 4 and...
  6. ROH ECHT

Persistent P0087

That is one worn tri-lobe. Glad you got it back.
  7. ROH ECHT

Intake Port Partition (06H 103 411 B) Orientation

I've answered my own question in finding this...Side-A appears to be up. The partitions appear to deflect downward in this "Prt Sc" from a vid:
  8. ROH ECHT

Intake Port Partition (06H 103 411 B) Orientation

I have an inquiry regarding the port partition orientation. Or does the head only accept them one way and not another, which I am missing to see? They are slightly angled, but which way are they meant to deflect? I ask because mine have been removed a number of times by others. I plan to...
  9. ROH ECHT

Oil Drain and Filter Cup: torque spec ?

OK...OK, yeah, I didn't click on the attachment pic in your previous post. I believe I assumed it was a 'thumbnail' of the larger pic before. Thank you, and I appreciate all of your effort and help. And that of you as well, notovicrious.
  10. ROH ECHT

Yeah...I am going to go ahead and check its torque as is. If it clicks the torque wrench, then I'll crack it loose and reset it to 22 lb*ft and see if it prevents leaking at that torque spec. I noticed the bottom of its oil pan had a film of oil on it yesterday and a drop hanging onto the bolt...
  11. ROH ECHT

Yep, the oil filter housing/cup (#11) I was certain to be 25 Nm. It's the drain plug/bolt which conflicts. My publication, which I believe to be a misprint at 15 Nm, is the one of interest. Seeking a publication showing it is in fact 30 Nm and not 15 Nm. Thank you
  12. ROH ECHT

Yeah, I've seen others like the MK6 you have there conflicting with the 15 Nm of the publication I have. But have yet seen something showing the BPY drain bolt torque to be 30 Nm as all of the others are. I thought 15 Nm is suspiciously low and is likely a misprint. Was hoping someone had...
  13. ROH ECHT

I asked this over on the DIY + Maintenance Forum. But not sensing one will see it, so I am putting this here to you all: I know, or believe, the torque for the oil filter cup is 25 Nm (18 lb*ft)...this is the 36 mm Hex molded into the bottom of the cup. But I am finding conflicting numbers for...
  14. ROH ECHT

DIY Oil Change on GTI (without Oil Drain Tool)

I have a question for those on this really old thread.........I've searched but didn't hope to go through all 19 pages. I know the torque for the oil filter cup torque is 25 Nm (18 lb*ft)...this is the 36 mm. But I am finding conflicting numbers for the oil drain bolt. Documentation I have has...
  15. ROH ECHT

Oil Pressure, Battery, Power Steering Issues - ECU Related?

Can you post a scan of all of its fault codes?
  16. ROH ECHT

VCDS MB 091 and 093

That looks very good. When I see posts of MB 032 - Block 2 data and this value is between 6% and 7%, the N205 is working easily to match actual to its target. When I do see 6% to 7%, is when someone is showing their data after swapping in new bits and all is apparently good. In MB 033 - Block...
  17. ROH ECHT

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Yeah...I've seen it and I also have it 'bookmarked.' When in the vid does he say -10° KW is excessive? I heard "we've had some come in with some chain rattle at -6° KW." But heard nothing on -10° KW being excessive. Yes, mine is running fine at 158k miles. Mine recently shows: MB 091 Block 2 is...
  18. ROH ECHT

VCDS MB 091 and 093

Anyone...??? Still seeking what MB 093 Block 3 - "Phase Position Bank 1 Intake" reflects??? I find it hard to believe that we all have an understanding that it reflects chain stretch...yet we know not if this only shows intake cam position in relation to the crank position or not??? To my...
  19. ROH ECHT

Suggestion for spark plug

Stock coils? If so; NGK PFR7S8EG will do. I believe the genuine OE plugs are: 06H 905 601 A (both 1k ohm resistor plugs). These will likely serve you perfectly. I ran OE plugs even with the K04 upgrade with stock coils. Never had any issues until I swapped tunes for one boosting more than 25...
  20. ROH ECHT

Possible Cam Chain/Tensioner Wear?

*Not yet sure if this is all accurate...hoping to gain more confirmation on this* One thing I have noticed is the "N205 Duty %" shown in MB-091 Block two (noted in the pic below). Still haven't worked out the 'good' range you should see. But the duty % shouldn't be too high. When it is high...