GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Is my engine a replacement unit?

I have an 08 GTI with a BPY engine This label is on the timing belt cover, does it mean this engine was manufactured 7th of Jun 2012 or maybe June 12th of 07? Any input appreciated
  2. P

Headlight Issue J519

I have an 08 GTI, the passenger headlight is not getting power for the low beam light. I have the drivers side working and have switched Igniter, ballast and bulb to the passenger side; testing the pin connectors for power, there is no power on the passenger pins that have power on the drivers...
  3. P

Where to start troubleshooting headlights

I have a project car that I recently bought. 08, three door Mark V GTI. I have all the components for the headlights, but no headlights will shine, blinkers work. Is there a way to bench test the ballast and the igniters? All advice i see online relates to switching to the working side until...
  4. P

Steering Rack replacement How to Thread?

I need to replace my Steering Rack, have searched around but do not see any how to/step by step guides. Anybody have a link to one they would be able to share. Thanks, Andy
  5. P

New owner, power steering rack question

I bought an 08 GTI three door stick Engine mounts toast, turbo melted power steering rack motor enclosure, so i need a new rack. Question: are they generic or do i need to grab the PN off the old one and make sure i get the same? Intend to do the work myself, and buy a used part if possible...