GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI Jake

The classy alcoholics thread

Cheers! Im drinking Jack haha
  2. GTI Jake

Garage Decor

I bought mine pre built back in 2017-18ish maybe? It was about 3k then, so in todays market probably $7500. I wanna say it’s like 14x10 or so. Fits a absolute shit ton of stuff comfortably and I wired it last year so it lights up at dusk like the shop and LED interior light plus a outlet for...
  3. GTI Jake

Garage Decor

Definitely gotta have a shed. My wife doesn’t get it, but having all the dirty stuff, lawn equipment, gas cans, pressure washer, ect out of the garage and shop is an absolute must for me.
  4. GTI Jake

Garage Decor

The PBR & Miller Highlife signs are on their own switched outlet, because I’ve always wanted to do that lol. & of course the 12’ American flag
  5. GTI Jake

What’s your favorite Tool?

First for me too, which reminded me of a pair of snap on torque multiplier pliers I’ve got at work. So here’s a sample from my aircraft line maintenance box. The demo for those Pliers (far left) was cutting a penny in half one handed, which is pretty damn impressive and got me. Like those...
  6. GTI Jake

A M12 Fuel 3/8 ratchet is on my short list. I was leaning towards 1/4 drive, but after putting hands on several models the 3/8 isn’t much larger and the brushless performance of the “fuel” models is always worth the slight premium in my experience.
  7. GTI Jake

Toolbox Widgets are one of my most recent purchases. Here’s some of my favorites. Also, $11 USA made garden sprayer with a 6” long piece of 5/16 brake line as a nozzle = pressure pot for gear oil
  8. GTI Jake

BMW M3 Competition xDrive - Not!

Definitely a grille most of us will never enjoy (I hate seeing the bumper rebar, as well as the obnoxious size). That is a badass car to own, let alone track so who are we to judge. I’m sure it’s a absolute riot to drive!
  9. GTI Jake

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Money well spent on the thermometer, the remote works anywhere on the property including shop to front yard. Fit and finish is exactly what I’d hoped for and all four probes read the same at ambient (no odd ball way off like my cheap one)
  10. GTI Jake

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

Time to hire a moose for my advertising department lol “Good day sir, do you like to BRAP?!”
  11. GTI Jake

Alaska lol, not sure if they even have a VW dealership
  12. GTI Jake

I paid $23,500 for my poverty spec 2016 GTI in December 2015 & at the time a Autobahn was about 30k. I’m not trying to kink shame, just have never once personally seen a Autobahn track prepped and I’ve got customers in 49 states and Canada.
  13. GTI Jake

I’ve literally never seen a Autobahn track car lol, who purposefully adds a sunroof and heavier interior. Must be a Canadian thing.
  14. GTI Jake

Damn it lol, imagine how hard dudes will SIMP over the decent-ish looking chicks with an enormous IG following who buy these.
  15. GTI Jake

Would you, because if it was a Lexus it would be 70k. I’m 31 and feel like it’s a bit boy racer, but kinda cool in that sense. I agree the STI crowd will flock to them (and I’ll be there to gap them in my GTI lol).
  16. GTI Jake

Not kink shaming automatics, I still enjoy driving my wife’s ‘21 GLI, but the auto & creature comforts thing goes hand in hand. Case and point, my is38 GTI is poverty spec and the GLI is a Autobahn. Just the way she goes more often than not if you look at who’s buying what and for what use…you...
  17. GTI Jake

If automatic is important to you I’d lump that in with tons of other places the GTI shines over thr GR (superior interior & ride quality). While I’m obviously speculating here, I really can’t see many jumping ship from MQB cars to the new GR.