GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. cb1111

Ukraine - Another Day, Another Flag Officer

Ukrainian troops training with US electronic jamming kit (defensenews.com) Here are the high-end weapons Zelenskyy hopes the new Ukraine aid bill will provide (defensenews.com) Moskva’s sinking, the rise of anti-ship cruise missiles and what that means for the US Navy (defensenews.com) Senate...
  2. cb1111

Greatest Face Palm Stories of All Time

I had just transferred to a new location in Germany in the early 80's. I had only been there a couple of weeks and needed to go to another site to pick something up. The motor pool gave me a brand new (maybe 20 miles on the odometer) Chevy panel van. As I was coming back a city bus pulled away...
  3. cb1111

Video Shows Russian Drone Attack on Ukraine's U.S.-Made Howitzers (msn.com) How Putin's war in Ukraine backfired and fueled NATO's Nordic expansion (msn.com) Live updates | Russia expelling French, Italian diplomats (msn.com) Russian soldier pleads guilty to killing an unarmed civilian, the...
  4. cb1111

You would be surprised. There would be no need for anyone to click the (apparently) identical link to one I posted, but if you get joy out of your thought, then good for you. However, your post is a good lesson as to why not click on links from questionable posters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  5. cb1111

Aren't you funny....
  6. cb1111

A couple of days late and a handful of dollars short....
  7. cb1111

Greatest Face Palm Stories of All Time

It was actually one incident where a Lexus dealer put Toyota floor mats in (a service loaner) and a customer got killed when the pedal got stuck. That's why cars have clips to hold the mats in place now.
  8. cb1111

The Russians? Forever. For a real army it depends on so much stuff - from weather, to threat to the type of bridge they are building. There is one huge difference between the west and the Russians. When we build a bridge, we consider safety (both for the builders and the "end user"), while...
  9. cb1111

US soldiers model river crossing in contrast to Russians’ Donbas disaster | Stars and Stripes U.S., NATO in for a 'Long Haul' Conflict with Russia, Says Polish PM - USNI News
  10. cb1111

Television recommendations

Delivered today and I hung it up tonight. Looks pretty good. The instructions are crap though. When you turn it on it gives you two options on screen - "fast easy with Smartphone" or "with remote" Of course, the morons who wrote the one page manual that comes with the TV doesn't tell you...
  11. cb1111

Who knows about Macs

And I'm annoyed that I sold/gave away/threw away my Northgate keyboards
  12. cb1111

Who knows about Macs

EDLIN much???? :p:p:p:p:p I just found some old DOS install disks (all three of them - so what? less than 5MB? for ver 6.22). I also have the Win 3.1 install disks and the Win 95 disks. Open to offers :p Oh, and Leisure Suit Larry is there too.
  13. cb1111

Who knows about Macs

Yes, in 2017 I wrote a newsletter on just this topic
  14. cb1111

The New York Times on Twitter: "Ukraine announced an end to their combat operation in Mariupol, where Ukrainian fighters have faced weeks of Russian bombardment. The military ordered troops at the Azovstal steel plant to focus on efforts “to save the lives of their personnel.”...
  15. cb1111

US military learning from Russian troops using cell phones in Ukraine (taskandpurpose.com) How US artillery provided to Ukraine may reshape the war with Russia (taskandpurpose.com) What a Russian tank at Fort Benning tells us about the invasion of Ukraine (taskandpurpose.com)
  16. cb1111

With kamikaze-style drones, the advantages are 'huge,' but so are the headaches, top Marines say (msn.com) Russia Not Using Aircraft Creates 'Vast Losses' for Putin: Ukraine General (msn.com) Secretary Austin speaks with Russian counterpart for first time since invasion (msn.com) Prepare for...
  17. cb1111

CSB 2: dtfd Shows Stabby Snakes To Bring Joy To All. No, Not That Kind Of Stabby Snake.

Sure there is Boston Style Pizza (pizzabostonstyle.com)
  18. cb1111

Who knows about Macs

Probably, but right now I can avoid technical assistance for people with Macs by feigning ignorance....:D Yes, most Dells have bitlocker enabled too. If it is defaulted to "off" on Macs then there is a 99.999% chance that it is still off on these two. One is a pretty ancient white case 14 inch...
  19. cb1111

There are a fair amount of professional military that aren't on board with this "special military operation" - just like most in our military said "WTF" when they were told to pull out of Bagram before everyone was evacuated. In both countries, the military is often overruled by civilian...
  20. cb1111

Hard to say as it depends on who comes in. There are rational voices that would be in favor of a withdrawal in return for a lessening of sanctions