GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

California? Hard to Believe.

Works great, until you need to park somewhere like DTLA and they have meter maids that leave you a ticket each day. Also gives a cop an immediate reason to pull you over, which is really only an issue if you're the drinking and driving sort. I had tinted windows and no front plate in CA and...
  2. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

They blew that up last year. For reasons that don't really make sense, they changed roads that were open from the morning to the afternoon. Hopefully they get it back under control. I've been out there a couple of years and will likely go back this year.
  3. B

F1 Comes to Vegas

Right after Mazepan.
  4. B

F1 Comes to Vegas

Those tracks don't have enough capacity, amenities, or proper surfaces (looking at you Watkins.) The fact is that current F1 wants to pack a ton of people into expensive seats and let a few of us into GA. The fact that ratty old tracks like Silverstone, in the middle of nowhere and lacking all...
  5. B

Think About This...

Just stop, he thinks he's smart. don't spoil it for him.
  6. B

Think About This...

Can you show me one case where your silly fantasy actually played out?
  7. B

Think About This...

The dealership would be the start and end of responsibility. Once it's in their hands, the vehicle owner is absolved of all responsibility. The stupid argument that it's like lending a car to a friend is not the case at all. The car was taken to a dealership service department. If you park...
  8. B

Think About This...

Frivolous lawsuits are still frivolous lawsuits. A counter suit is well within reason.
  9. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

I was pretty steamed, but also apparently three hours of detention and dull questions is my breaking point. I’m an accountant, not a marine.
  10. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

Yeah, sounds about right. I've been to something like 40 countries and Canada is the worst experience I've had with Customs. I had a college roommate get married in Ottawa, I was recently divorced, might have been deep into a drunken phase and have never been the best of planners. Large parts...
  11. B

Think About This...

Ha, goes both ways. When I was a kid, my dad had a 560SEL that had the most sensitive fuel filters, they'd clog up and kill one bank of the V8 and put the other bank in limp mode. It probably made 50hp at that point. Was a delight to drive a two plus ton sled with the power of a riding mower.
  12. B

Think About This...

A lawyer would have no trouble getting that tossed. One advantage to having a manual is that I've found valets are increasingly more likely to let me just park my own car and pick it up when I'm done. I've actually considered getting the shift knob for my Mk8 with no gear shift pattern, just...
  13. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

Spa is next for me. Been to Silverstone, Austin, Indy and Hockenheim. I hear Montreal is great too, but I’m not a fan of Canadian Customs Officers.
  14. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

Helps to be a local, but they've changed the entry/exit strategy nearly every year, plus it's nearly as bad as Silverstone for just being in the middle of nowhere. Rumors have us not being on the calendar every year, likely moving to an every other year format soon. I suspect the three annual...
  15. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

First year of Austin was a mess. Amenities weren’t really finished and GA areas were pretty raw.
  16. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself for not booking a hotel room facing the Strip every weekend of November when they announced the month.
  17. B

2022 Formula 1 Season

Are the “yachts” parked in cheese grits?
  18. B

Filling out my garage... What would you do?

Want a white manual SE with cloth and 41k miles? Never tuned.
  19. B

The Future - EV Tuning

Yeah, I just read about the EU Polestar2's having an over the air option for another 75hp or so for $1k, from Polestar. Makes me wonder if they knew it was capable of it when they launched it and just held onto it as a future upgrade, or if they just got better at coding?
  20. B

Filling out my garage... What would you do?

Funny, I shopped the CT4-BW before settling on the Mk8 R. The CT4-V isn't any quicker than the R, which was a bit of a surprise, although I'd assume that tuning will have more upside on the BW, although the market will be larger for the R, so maybe that's not true. The lack of utility of a...