GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. BurgerGuy

FS: 034 Motorsports Spherical Rear Trailing Arms - NIB

Never got around to installing these. I took them out of the box for pictures. They have never been used. Asking $400 shipped.
  2. BurgerGuy

Exhaust leak at turbo all of a sudden. 2007 GTI. Common problem?

It's working harder to build pressure with a leak in the system. If you zoom in on your photo you can actually see the hairline crack.
  3. BurgerGuy

WTB: OEM Catback Exhaust

A year ago I would've been able to help you out! Good luck!
  4. BurgerGuy

Exhaust leak at turbo all of a sudden. 2007 GTI. Common problem?

It looks like the hot side is cracked where it's all white/sandy colored. I've been told that area of the K03 is a known weak point after finding out mine was cracked in a similar way once the K04 went on the car.
  5. BurgerGuy

For whom ever has an answer

Oh and a high flow down pipe. I don't know of any K04 tunes that run with the stock exhaust unless you're going for a modest bump in power.
  6. BurgerGuy

For whom ever has an answer

If you go K04 you'll also need Golf R injectors, an upgraded HPFP (high pressure fuel pump), and possibly different spark plugs. You should also make sure the engine is, overall, in good running condition. There are a number of tuners that offer K04 tunes for the FSI motor. Best to choose...
  7. BurgerGuy

Going to stage 2?

There has been a lot of discussion on intakes and how they affect the reading at the MAF. Some say plastic intakes, even aftermarket, read better than those made of metal. For stage 2 tunes, you can run them without an upgraded high pressure fuel pump (HPFP), but depending on the tune(s) Revo...
  8. BurgerGuy

Cracks a d fissures in K03

My K03 had a crack in the same spot when it got pulled off the car to install a K04 at 112k miles. Was told it's not uncommon for that turbo.
  9. BurgerGuy

P0192 - Short to GND

Well, rail pressure readings back to normal after a short drive to the store. Will see how long it stays that way.
  10. BurgerGuy

P0192 - Short to GND

Lol. PolarFIS says my rail pressure is just over 6 bar at idle. A far cry from 40-50 bar. When it cuts, LPFP pressure jumps to 6 bar, then settles down again. When driving today before fully warmed up the car had a hard time doing much beyond 10-20% throttle. Curious if I can baby it to the...
  11. BurgerGuy

P0192 - Short to GND

Would you say I'm better off using rev B instead of D? Oops. It's 054B I'll monitor LP and HP pump pressures next time I take it for a ride.
  12. BurgerGuy

P0192 - Short to GND

I replaced the rail pressure sensor (G247) with 06J906051D about a year or two ago when I was troubleshooting severe misfires and other issues on the car after going K04. The only symptoms I've noticed are: Very brief loss of power. Almost like limp mode, but it only lasts a second or less...
  13. BurgerGuy

Mass Air Flow Sensor Problem with Intake

If you've swapped the MAF and issues persist it could be the wiring for the sensor's harness or potentially something else that plays into the ECUs calculations. Have you scanned the car for codes?
  14. BurgerGuy

Charge pipes for K04

The Neuspeed charge pipes are a great choice. Am using both with my K04. Since the APR K04 has a modified outlet on the cold side you'll likely need to use Neuspeed's K03 turbo outlet pipe so that it lines up with APR's plumbing.
  15. BurgerGuy

Orignal Owner

Good luck finding an OE Votex lip. They are difficult to find.
  16. BurgerGuy

Wheel spacers

You opened a thread for the very same topic towards the end of Februrary so I'll just paste what I replied with there. The spacer size is heavily dependent on your wheel offset, tire size, and suspension setup. If you're trying to figure out what spacer will give you a flush look without...
  17. BurgerGuy

High LTFT K04 BPY

Btw, my LTFT idle tends to hang between -1.xx and 0 so on the side of rich vs lean, but still...1% in either direction is pretty damn good.
  18. BurgerGuy

High LTFT K04 BPY

I've not chased it down anymore since my last update. The valve cover was replaced at the end of last year before a road trip which provided additional improvements, but the data still looked the same. The highest LTFT partial goes is +19% or so. With the warmer weather coming, I've seen it...
  19. BurgerGuy

Still misfires

Simple version, it pulls the sensor away from the exhaust stream which has an effect on its reading. You're basically tricking the computer into thinking things are peachy from an emissions perspective.