GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

500 mile report Just made it over the 500 mile break-in mark yesterday. Thankfully there haven't been any major issues. A few things i'm still working on: Interior is falling apart from sitting. Headliner and door cards all need redone, starting to research what I could do. Motor mounts have...
  2. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Didnt have issues other than rev hang due to a clutch switch going bad. My harness now is just re-routed into the cabin, there are no cuts/splices. It mounts in the center of the dash where the HVAC used to live.
  3. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Headlights have been pointing at the ground and learned that it was due to the ride height sensors out of range (car is too low). Made some shorter spherical arms. Still haven’t been driving it a whole lot
  4. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

I am, mostly just working out the little bugs I find. Havent done any other major work but I do have another full 4motion kit sitting in my garage. Still trying to decide on installing or selling. Building a new house now so havent been focusing on car stuff as much
  5. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

It’s the stock one painted gloss black and flipped upside down to relocate the vacuum port lower
  6. eurocars

(SOLD) GIACuser selling his "roller" big turbo build

Sad to hear...may be interested in a few things if you end up parting out
  7. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

sure, I’d be interested to see what it looks like
  8. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Probably around the same area, thinking about fabbing a new can with more ports that mounts where the old expansion tank sat
  9. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

V2.0 is finished. FSI bracket with the 1.8t alternator fits fine
  10. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Well, bought the bracket, shaved it and made it beautiful for nothing. Went to test fit today and found out the DI fuel rail interferes with the bracket. Tried modifying it to clear, but I would have to take too much material off of it. I have a spare FSI bracket, will have to modify it instead.
  11. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Ended up going the less expensive route and picked up a new 1.8t alternator, tensioner and bracket. I shaved the bracket down to the bare minimum and painted it. Will still need to reroute upper coolant pipe
  12. eurocars

SOLD: MKV R rear calipers

SOLD SOLD SOLD Rebuilt with new dust boots and piston seals (old boots were torn). Comes with braided stainless lines. $300 plus shipping
  13. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Well, in true project fashion, I’ve now learned that my mini alternator isn’t cut out to run all the MKV electronics and i need something larger. After a 30 mile round trip keeping rpms around 3k, my battery voltage is 11.4v. Do I try and make some custom brackets for a different mini alternator...
  14. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Well, even though the passenger side axle seemed like it had enough room, it juuuust touched the charge pipe and compressor housing elbow. Saw some witness markings on the turbo and metal shavings from the hose clamp. Picked up an aftermarket axle that’s solid instead of hollow, so it takes up...
  15. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Should be a little more efficient but i probably won’t notice any difference. BOV got stuck there because it was out of the way and i could run a short vacuum line to it that wasn’t as noticeable
  16. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Plenty of clearance now. Everything is back together, going to give it a once over and test drive tomorrow
  17. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Engine and trans are back in, new charge pipe is cut and ready to weld. Much better than the old one
  18. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

3rd gear synchro was toast, put one of my spares in and swapped with a better gear i had. Seals should be here tomorrow and trans can be reassembled
  19. eurocars

Eurocars build thread

Compressor housing is welded up, found out that the front main may have been the cause of the oil leak instead of the girdle. Either way, going to pull both off to reseal