GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. GIACUser

My second build on my 08 GTI

I could stick to it and fix it but I am just over it. There is hope that the damage won't be too extensive since it still runs with zero characteristic sounds of severe damage. My son is looking for a project so it will be a good fit for him. Fingers crossed that it will not take too much for...
  2. GIACUser

I am just getting too old to mess with it anymore and I want to get on the track rather than spend weeks and months on this again. I am just going to go buy something I can drive from home to the track. Will probably get a 911 or a TTRS. I made some mistakes in choosing a tuner. And...
  3. GIACUser

Well I have decided to part ways with my MKV. Giving it to my son to fix and keep. Take care everybody. It has been a fun 11 years. I want to get another 911 anyway.
  4. GIACUser

First day at track. Got in about 3 laps, fastest 2 cylinder car I have ever driven. It will be a while before there is a second day at the track. As they say.... cost money to go fast, looks like I got more to spend before I get there. Brakes were like candy, so sweet (Full 18z F/R with GLOC...
  5. GIACUser

Well I am finally off for the maiden voyage of this 2 year project. If everything goes right, we will have fun and have some videos to share when we get back. My son flew in from Atlanta to share the celebration. Off in the morning to AAA California Speedway in Fontana. Going to be there Sat and...
  6. GIACUser

Mkv .:R32 belly pan part #

I just bought a belly pan from dealer today for my 08 GTI with an FSI motor. Parts guy had to ask for my VIN in order to fill the order correctly. Installed it and everything lined up perfectly and bolted right in everywhere. Part # was 1K0-825-235-AE
  7. GIACUser

2007 FSI vs 2012 Golf R intercooler piping

Yep, you get what you pay for mostly. Look for used APR, Wagner or Uni, thats what I did. It is not a wear item and as long as the fins aren't all crushed, a used one can save you money and give you best bang for your buck.
  8. GIACUser

FS: Brake Pads F/R for Brembo 18z calipers (Hawk HPS)

Pads have less than 100 miles on them, 50 miles of it was straight fwy driving. Just pulled them today. Car war originally going to be street driven, but it is going to be track only so no need for the street pads. $195.00 shipped. For both Front and Rear set.
  9. GIACUser

2019 Jetta/GLI forum

Just an FYI, one of my family members encountered and issue with her 2019 Jetta and returned it, only to have same issue with new one. She then researched the issue and it seems there is a widespread issue with the trans. Hers is not a GLI so may not be the same.
  10. GIACUser

2007 FSI vs 2012 Golf R intercooler piping

I ran one on my 2008 FSI GTI, I would save your money for an APR or Wagner. It made no diff that I could discern and I ended up dumping the Golf R intercooler and going APR.
  11. GIACUser

It has been a forever project but finally getting to track. Fingers crossed the car will perform properly and we have good safe fun.
  12. GIACUser

Finally have 1sr track event scheduled. Going to AAA California Speedway to run the Roval course. on Nov 9 and 10th. Will have video to post and commentary about the build. Really looking forward to this outing, hopefully all will go well with no failures. Having a track only car sure causes you...
  13. GIACUser

Yeah, the original plugs they used on these were 2 piece with a crimped on bottom and they would come apart leaving threads in and everything else out. This is a new motor and has the 1 piece spark plugs which have been in use since about 2010. They are still going to be a bit of work to change...
  14. GIACUser

5.4 Triton. Brand new long block from S&J.
  15. GIACUser

FS: Hawk Blue 9012 brake pads - for Brembo 18z front calipers

Selling a set of front brake pads for Brembo 18z calipers New, still in box. These are high-performance track pads, providing strong initial bite with great modulation for sure stops.Medium/High torque compound with low pad and rotor wear. Optimal Temperature Range: 400-1600°F...
  16. GIACUser

Cirrhosis of the Liver - Need Advice

Oh gosh, very sorry to hear. I would investigate clinical trials and educate yourself on all options available. There is a liver.org https://liverfoundation.org/for-patients/resources/clinical-trials/ I wish you the best, your MIL is lucky to have you as an advocate.
  17. GIACUser

California Want to Tax Text Messages?!

You are right but it is not surprising or alarming. Government has normally taxed communication and also taxed vehicles used on public roads. What has happened is that the taxes were based on technology that has simply changed. Government looking for a way to catch up with technology. Do I like...
  18. GIACUser

Ford RS - can not give them away?

According to Matt Farah - KW DDC adaptive coilovers fix the ride and improves handling. I agree, lot of fast for the money. Downside is that it was only in the US market for a brief time and now on the way out so there are not many of them on the road.... support will not be what we are used to...