GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ronnie_B

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Gtifan Still A Wiener - Vaccine Salesmen Take Medical Community By Storm

I assumed it was obvious to everyone that we’re referring to your average track day enthusiast, not a professional race team at Le Mans.
  2. Ronnie_B

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Gtifan Still A Wiener - Vaccine Salesmen Take Medical Community By Storm

Jay, looks like they just took a Scotch-brite disc or wire brush wheel to the surface to remove the head gasket material. 😄 The issue that people don't understand is that the gasket imprints on the soft aluminum head, and on a forced-induction engine it's just a matter of time.
  3. Ronnie_B

I have no clue how I got roped into this shitshow of a thread, but I'm letting myself out. I can only handle but so much bullshit science-denying rhetoric. I will say that I'm totally shocked that someone who doesn't believe in valve jobs and cylinder head resurfacing, also doesn't believe in...
  4. Ronnie_B

You think a drag race determines if an engine is reliable? Try 2-3 hours of grueling track time before checking that box. 😄 Some of the most jerry-rigged setups I've ever seen were at drag strips. #doavalvejob #resurfaceyourheads
  5. Ronnie_B

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

My last build, for reference. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  6. Ronnie_B

Yeah no, I'm pretty sure all understand the car is pretty kickass. I think the problem came when it was compared like for like with a GTI. Not very useful to compare a $50k car with a $25k car, and then claim we're all waisting our time modifying a GTI. I've worked on everything from pro-touring...
  7. Ronnie_B

This /\ But that's also because we're not comparing the performance of a $45k+ car to the the GTI's $25k. To the OP, nice car! My only criticism of the car would be the automatic transmission over the manual. :D If you don't mind my asking, what was the reason to get rid of a 2015 R (assume...
  8. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

Unfortunately, I think we'll keep on dreaming for a while. With GM axing Holden production in Australia, the SS is a limited run anyway. I was really hoping a rebadged G8 GT would be here for good, but realistically it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Chrysler has had very good results...
  9. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

Exactly. GM already has the Cadillac ATS and CTS, why they felt the need to option out the SS to the point of Cadillac-esque luxury is beyond me. Give us the option of a base L77 6M Commodore at the justified price of ~$30k, and they'd sell like hotcakes. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  10. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

That.is.my.entire.point. It doesn't have to be a 415hp fully optioned out sedan, it could be a 348hp L77 sedan. The Holden Commodore SS comes with the L77 engine, not the 415HP LS3. All they had to do was bring the Commodore and it's various trims over to the US. They could offer various trim...
  11. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

Oh I don't know... maybe magnetic ride control, massive brembo brakes, navigation, dual climate, HID's, leather, LS3 engine, etc. These all could have been options. The L77 6.0L engine could have been standard, cloth interior, no nav, etc and the price would have easily been in the $30k range...
  12. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

Please finish the rest of the sentence. "took a should be $25-30K car and added enough Cadillac options to make it a $50k car." You're not so good at this whole reading thing are you? :confused: And did you skip over the part about the Holden Commodore SS listing for ~$41k Aus or ~$30k US...
  13. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

Please tell me where I claim that the Chevy SS should be a $25k-30k car. I claimed that GM added enough Cadillac options/luxury to the Holden Commodore platform to inflate the price to $50k. All while not even giving consumers the choice of various trim levels that the original Holden Commodore...
  14. Ronnie_B

Bought a 15 SS

I'm jealous, I really am...wait wait $50k. Nope, not jealous at all. You see, I was anxiously awaiting the manual SS, until I realized that GM doomed this Holden Commodore from the start. I was a huge fan of the G8 GT. I drove many and yes it had it's faults (primarily it wasn't available...