GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Threw up in my mouth a little today

It's been too big for three generations now. The E46 was the last one that interested me. I regret not buying a 1M to replace the wife's 135i, but for some reason the M2 doesn't have nearly the same appeal to me.
  2. B

The classy alcoholics thread

Yep, it's nice, but I tend to be a bit of an Epstein when it comes to liquor (and only liquor.) I like the 10 more. I also love Oban and Lagavulin, not sure that I could pick a favorite.
  3. B

I love the Ardbeg 10. The unpronounceable one is good too.
  4. B

2021 Formula 1 Season

Yep, tell me his name doesn't sound like a breed of purse dogs. Aww, what a cute little Szafnauer, is he house broken?
  5. B

2021 Formula 1 Season

Fair point, I hadn't known about Mazepan's personal shortcomings, but that does color things. I just enjoy watching a normal driver try to drive around with the best, it's an amusing contrast. I actually kinda like Lance now, he has proven to be much more than I initially thought. I strongly...
  6. B

2021 Formula 1 Season

Hey, people are talking about him. He's awful, I certainly didn't mean to discredit Stroll with a direct comparison, that's wildly unfair. But aside from a terrible shunt for Grosjean, no one really ever talked about him or, crap, I've already forgotten his name, quick google says...Magnussen!
  7. B

2021 Formula 1 Season

Mazepan is paying to keep Haas alive, that's okay by me. He's less of a dipshit than either Stroll. Suck it, Canada.
  8. B

2021 Formula 1 Season

Most likely just the benefit of not being saddled with Seb's chassis tuning. Ferrari certainly misses Todt, but I think as much as anything, they miss having a driver who can setup a balanced car. Pity they're stuck with this engine formula for what, two or three more years?
  9. B

Yeah, I took about five years to drink it all and it certainly got more approachable after the second year or so.
  10. B

I love ryes, I like them a little hotter than 40% generally, but standard proof can still be really, really good.
  11. B

Grabbed a fresh bottle of Plymouth Navy Strength gin, some Dolan Vermouth and Campari. Time for Negronis, made all the better now that we have pellet ice at home.
  12. B

I do like sugar cane rums, I spent a little time in South Africa and they have some pretty nice ones that they drink like Russians drink vodka, straight and as cold as possible. Not bad on a hot day, rum that is, not vodka.
  13. B

It makes for a first class hangover.
  14. B

Threw up in my mouth a little today

You can't make fun of something when it's not even as ugly as the example. I hate SUV "coupes," they all must die. I was next to a GLE 63S "coupe" yesterday, what a waste of an engine. The X6/X4 are the ugliest things on wheels, but the Cayenne Coupe is worse than the Mach E. And while...
  15. B

How is the Toki? I haven't bought a Japanese since Hibiki and Yamazaki were easier to find.
  16. B

Who has/had COVID?

Haha, you'll be here til the end.
  17. B

They're in Santa Rosa, and well worth knowing about, especially if you can get them locally.
  18. B

Are you in Russian River's distribution range? There was a brief period when we could get it and then they took it away again. Cruel bastards!
  19. B

I have a soft spot for Lone Star, especially if it's 107 degrees out, just not chewing my way through an IPA at that point, but I do love a good Kolsch or Gose in those conditions too.
  20. B

Ha, I bought a case of Sam Adams Triple Bock when I was in college. Not the best use of funds. Also not a particularly good beer. I've had a few cases of DFH 120 Minute, much, much better.