GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GIACUser

My second build on my 08 GTI

I would agree, I was very happy with my K04 setup and MFac LSD. With racing slicks it made for a lot of fun on the track. It is a great setup for the chassis. Given all the difficulties I have had I wish I would have just stayed with that setup
  2. GIACUser

So the first 46K mi GTI sold 2nd GTI still there Golf R has 43K miles not 93K miles I want the Golf R if it can get smogged.
  3. GIACUser

So as I procrastinate, the situation just keeps degenerating. It is unreal. So I built this to be a track car blah blah and I purchased a truck to tow it to the track. Found a 2009 Ford F150 with a brand new motor, brakes and suspension with a tow package and the larger 5.4 V-8, worked perfectly...
  4. GIACUser

I have been procrastinating. Reality of my situation is that I want to throw in the towel but I can't really part the car out fully without a host of stock parts to replace parts to keep car ready for tow away when done. Basically have a pile of unusable and unsellable parts right now. I may be...
  5. GIACUser

Mk5 with blown engine-what to do?

As you already know, a fairly stock MKV DSG, even running well, isn't worth much. Now you have one with a blown motor. More of a personal decision as to what to do. If you have a place where you could dismantle it and room to store parts you could part it out but that is a slow and cumbersome...
  6. GIACUser

MKV GTI KO4 - Fuel Pressure Question

You may have tried this but I would do a throttle body alignment (TBA), might not have been done when your motor was rebuilt. (throttle position)
  7. GIACUser

So new information on what may have happened to my car. I am referring to my first track outing in which the spark plug electrodes melted off in 2 cylinders. I just assumed it was detonation, plugs not cold enough for my all out tune. The tuner created a 380+ whp tune for which I had the PF7RB...
  8. GIACUser

Mk5 Jetta GLI BWA big turbo project

Forum member Mostic, is in Egypt and has done a couple big turbo projects. Hopefully he is in your general area, he has quite a bit of experience and a lot of contacts.
  9. GIACUser

How-to Porsche Cayenne / VW Toureg / Audi Q7 Brembo brakes.

Yes, they bolt right up. I ran them for a long while on my mkv gti. Combined with proper pads for the occasion they were a nice upgrade from stock.
  10. GIACUser

Should I buy an R32?

S2000 is ok if you are 6ft or less. I am 6'3" 230 and it was just too cramped to enjoy but they are otherwise a fun car.
  11. GIACUser

Should I buy an R32?

That response is pretty much what I have read / heard over time about the MKV R32. However, put a supercharger kit on it and it’s a whole new ballgame. I got to drive one and it was impressive. Of course with this motor ending use in R cars 12 years ago combined with limited production it will...
  12. GIACUser

Dogs

Auggie - Jack Russell Terrorist 10 mo old now
  13. GIACUser

Best Chicken Sandwich?

One of my favorites
  14. GIACUser

Should I buy an R32?

This is one of those personal types of purchases made because you have a special affinity for the model/year. Is it a worthwhile purchase to buy a car that is priced at over twice market value? From a business perspective probably not. From a personal perspective, if it is a car that is special...
  15. GIACUser

Suspension upgrade

I would also replace the rear mounts as well as what has been recommended for the front. They should be replaced when you replace rear shocks. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/rear-shock-mount-install-kit/016554ecs02-03kt/
  16. GIACUser

FS: GIACuser selling his "roller" big turbo build

Thanks, I doubt anyone will buy it whole, so I expect to be taking it all apart. Probably will take motor and trans out to repair before sale. Hoping to find a new trans case for not too much and will take motor down to check block and replace the pistons (2) that got the spark plug bits welded...
  17. GIACUser

I will be fine. I hope. Should I be worried (separation anxiety) .... Ha No its just a car. Like I said, I don't generally believe in "signs" but damn this project has been beating me over the head saying let go, for a long time. Time to let it go. Really hoping someone would buy it as is and...
  18. GIACUser

Anyone Use the Signal App?

I don't have a need for nor do I use encrypted communications apps but Signal app seems like a good choice for an average user. There are always trade-offs in implementation and Signal does provide their services centrally which creates an ability for them to respond to legal requests and...