GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Tailgate Wires Broken! Rear lock, reverse lights, handle not working. Soldering advice/comments please!

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I managed to find an incredibly detailed guide on how to replace the entire harness. Total time about 2 hrs, and with luck a long term solution. Seems some people solder or splice in place only to have to redo down the road when wires start breaking again...
  2. S

Tailgate Wires Broken! Rear lock, reverse lights, handle not working. Soldering advice/comments please!

Hello Peoples - The electrics on my MK5 have been wonky for a while as far as the rear hatch/tailgate is concerned. Wiper stopped working a few years ago. Now the tailgate won't unlock! Found some vids on youtube showing how other people have fixed this but I'm looking for some tips. I've got 7...
  3. S

Metal plate hanging down from bottom of car!

Hi Guys, Recently purchased a 2005 Golf TDI. Great car. Put on a couple new tires today and noticed a metal plate hanging down from underneath, around the drivers seat area (on the right here in New Zealand). A guy on MK7 forum said this was the 'fuel cooler for the return line' and a known...