GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Revising 3 months of pay apps for a $7m project because they didnt give me all the info...

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Today's random thought: what happened to posters (big pictures for your walls)? Are they still a thing or did the Internet kill them?

I remember having posters of your favorite cars and/or bands in your room being a very big deal and they were for sale in large quantities, everywhere. I still see them occasionally, but not like it used to be. Is it just not a big deal now that you can see a picture of something anytime you want on the Internet?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Today's random thought: what happened to posters (big pictures for your walls)? Are they still a thing or did the Internet kill them?

I remember having posters of your favorite cars and/or bands in your room being a very big deal and they were for sale in large quantities, everywhere. I still see them occasionally, but not like it used to be. Is it just not a big deal now that you can see a picture of something anytime you want on the Internet?
I think it's more online shopping that killed them out of stores. You can get a poster of anything you want vs picking from whatever selection they have at a store. Go to any teenagers bedroom now, the trend is still alive and well although their poster selection is lame.

Who else had the pic of some chicks ass standing in front of a car with caption "hauling ass" on the back of their door when they were 13?????

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I had some video game posters in my room when I was a kid (I didn't get into cars until I was like 17), and that's kind of evolved into having art on the walls as an adult, most of which is directly related to stuff we like. Large prints of photos of our cars at autocross events, a print of my wife and I the day I got the GTI (very happy day), some AX trophies, and a photo or two from our wedding are all on the walls. We've also got a painting my wife's aunt did of our cat (that's super well done), and a digital painting I commissioned from a local artist of our cat for my wife's birthday.

There's also some fun typography stuff floating around, my wife enjoys graphic design so we've taken inspiration from some of the wall nonsense you see at bed bath & beyond, etc and put our own twist on it. There's a sign in our bathroom that reads 'home is where you shit most comfortably', there's a ton of stickers on our kitchen refrigerator including one that reads 'pizza slut'. The more I think about it, the more appreciative I become of being an adult and having my own space. Nobody's telling me I have to have things look a certain way, and our house is very representative of our collective attitudes and hobbies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I think it's more online shopping that killed them out of stores. You can get a poster of anything you want vs picking from whatever selection they have at a store. Go to any teenagers bedroom now, the trend is still alive and well although their poster selection is lame.

Who else had the pic of some chicks ass standing in front of a car with caption "hauling ass" on the back of their door when they were 13?????
That's good to hear, would have made me a little sad if that was gone.

Also, why are you so familiar with teenagers bedrooms? Don't be that creepy guy...

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
i actually try to look for vintage race posters for future rooms.

currently have this one from ten-tenths creative framed and hanging up above the TV in my room. based in australia, at the current exchange rate each print is ~US$22
1685630124365.png

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
That's good to hear, would have made me a little sad if that was gone.

Also, why are you so familiar with teenagers bedrooms? Don't be that creepy guy...
Way to make it creepy 😒

My friends have a teenage son that likes me a lot and is always excited to show me new mortal kombat combos when I go to their house.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Mine was early 2000's nu-metal 🤘🤘