GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
@El_bigote_AJ ….. went right through it
IMG_4573.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I think it takes the right red and the right wheels for it to look good. I judge every set of red wheels I see and I think most the time it looks cheap and tacky, but the type of cars you see them on are usually cheap and tacky. I always really liked the red wheels on my gti though. At the time I was really in love with candy apple red and couldn't get the idea out of my head for a while. I had smoked tails but they were fading so I replaced them with cherry red. If I had a white car I might be down to try blue wheels next, but I don't think I could do red wheels again.

This'll probably forever be my favorite picture, but I've been looking for a blue wall to park the rs3 next to. lol
View attachment 281925
Sexy….. pulled those wheels off right

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Bookshelf to organize the back of the Tiggy?
Haha! That’s just the box the rsb for the tiggy was shipped in. GTI’s been with front and rear seats for a while.

Now that I think about it! I have a rsb I Ordered for the passat like 3 months ago that was on backorder at the time😂 gonna have to look into that lol

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Tried installing Macan calipers a few weeks ago and stripped out the cross-over tube threads. Called one place here and they recommended buying a new caliper; another said they could "try" re-thread/helicoil. Was gonna buy Time Serts and attempt to repair myself but it probably would've ended in disaster. @PatMc had some good insight on how to repair and I decided to send it to Auto Brake Solutions to repair. Took a week but was less than the Time Serts.

PatMc

Car(s)
Depends on the day
Tried installing Macan calipers a few weeks ago and stripped out the cross-over tube threads. Called one place here and they recommended buying a new caliper; another said they could "try" re-thread/helicoil. Was gonna buy Time Serts and attempt to repair myself but it probably would've ended in disaster. @PatMc had some good insight on how to repair and I decided to send it to Auto Brake Solutions to repair. Took a week but was less than the Time Serts.
Shipping took a week...lol. I had it boxed up and shipped out within 4 hours of it arriving at my shop.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
hours of work right there bro......take before/after pics!
Truthfully, it’s not that bad, but the ceramic coating that was on it is mostly gone and there are a few scratches I can clean up.

Attachments

• IMG_5237.jpeg
    IMG_5237.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5236.jpeg
    IMG_5236.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5234.jpeg
    IMG_5234.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Truthfully, it’s not that bad, but the ceramic coating that was on it is mostly gone and there are a few scratches I can clean up.
I think if I set out to ceramic my own car....I'd need special lights so I can keep tabs on where I have NOT wiped lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI