GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Wow just now saw and read this thread, very sad, Jim was a staple of this forum.

Thanks for sharing the eulogy, sounds like Jim lived a full life.

In a digital age where so many people become their avatars or usernames, Jim was definitely a real person, presented himself that way and treated everyone that way, he will be missed.

RIP Jim.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I’m late to the game just learning of Jim’s passing. I feelso sad reading about this. I didn’t know him but he always struck me as Such a stalwart fellow,always lending positive helpful insight and advice without any ego or internet drama. Godspeed Jim.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I wanted to do something for Jim, but this was not my original vision. I had something more like a movie poster in mind, but it quickly became obvious to me that my Photoshop skills have gone to shit from lack of use.

LloydRuleRIP-Final.jpg

Miss you in the forums, Jim.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
We do the best to create heaven for ourselves here on earth while we are here and these cars are a big part of that little slice of happiness we have in our daily lives and if we can share that with others, that's pretty cool, too. In uncertain times, this place helps a lot of people feel less alone when they need it, especially when you don't realize what's going on the other side of the screen. I'm grateful this place exists not only its informational value but also the comfort it brought and continues to bring people who come here just to feel like they have someone to talk to who gets them because we share this car in common.

RIP

Last edited:

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
I have been away from these pages for several months due to work and family but checked back in the other day. The very first thing I noticed was the lack of Jim’s posts. I cannot express how sad I am to hear of his passing. I haven’t been a member here for long but always appreciated his insight. Thank you Jim for your sage advice.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What the fuck. Time flies when you're not having fun. This feels like it was two months ago.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I was just reading a post of Jim’s this morning and wish he was still here posting. I guess that he could come back in AI form, but that’s going to be weird when that technology does happen and is widely available and utilized.