GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U0212 -- Lost Communication with Steering Control Module

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Had it appear again last night, scared me. It just flashes quickly and goes away. Code stored is the steering column/lost comms.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Hi , tigeo did you ever find what the fault was , i have the issue with code uo21200 lost comms
Never been an issue beyond the few times it flashed.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I had this same sort of issue (mine was the transmission had lost comms with the steering wheel and the airbag igniter resistance was too high pop last week and it ended up being the clock spring. I called my local VW dealer and it turns out that even though the warranty on my car had expired, my clock spring has it's own until 2027/120,000 miles. I called and set up and appointment, swung it in on Friday and they knocked the clock spring and trim piece install out.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Sorry to review such an old thread, but I've had the lost comms a twice both times was able to clear with obd11, today got the code pops up again front assist not available, error airbag, error trans still able to drive, when checking obd11 got lost comms to steering wheel again. buttons don't work or horn so I'm figuring it's the clock spring. Can any one point me to where I can find out if it's still covered under the clock spring warranty or not 2017 gti autobahn with just over 69K miles. Thanks

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
You can hit up VW via the chat on their website and they can tell you as well if you don't feel like calling the dealer.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
You can hit up VW via the chat on their website and they can tell you as well if you don't feel like calling the dealer.
Thanks I’m going to stop into the dealer on my way home if they still open and ask about it if they say no then I’ll start looking to purchase a new one and do it myself.