GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Should've used them to make a sweet lawn chair
Couldn't one just change the struts for something not so aggressive? Anyone experiment with that? I like the idea of hitting my fob and the hatch coming up, but it needs to be functionally safe and not this turbo-up mode lol.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
All this talk about hatch popping and here I am just figuring out what the trunk button on my key fob did just a few months ago lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
All this talk about hatch popping and here I am just figuring out what the trunk button on my key fob did just a few months ago lol
the pop hatch kit is one my most used mods....love it

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Different strokes for different folks....I found it a case of what goes up mustn't come down....no good popping if you have to be He-Man to shut it afterwards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Although I dunno, maybe what was on my daughter's car wasn't actually the proper pop kit, just some cheap super stiff struts - I just noticed the struts were ECS branded and had beefy springs on them so assumed so.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
ECS kit as it comes, or did you change anything?? I would like to see how this works before buying it if possible.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
From what I've read, the USP version is less aggressive. Or people will use one ECS strut & 1 OEM. But in winter it might open slowly or not at all.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Different strokes for different folks....I found it a case of what goes up mustn't come down....no good popping if you have to be He-Man to shut it afterwards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
you do bring up a good point....it's not super easy to get down....it's a good pull, then push to get closed.

ECS kit as it comes, or did you change anything?? I would like to see how this works before buying it if possible.
bought mine through USP I think.....just installed per instructions. raises it really high too

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
From what I've read, the USP version is less aggressive. Or people will use one ECS strut & 1 OEM. But in winter it might open slowly or not at all.
Winter here in VA is mild, so can't say about negative number winters, but mine has never failed to open.......it does slow down, but still opens.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
DIB?
I’ve seen sunroof drains cause a wet floor on other cars a few times?
Yeah, DIB. In this case It was just from the bottom of one door; VW checked it out yesterday and is replacing the rubber sealing around the door which they say was causing water to leak in somewhere. They ordered the part so we'll see how it looks when it gets in, hopefully by EOW. They checked out the sunroof drains and antenna seal and said both looked fine; apparently they soaked the thing in water for over two hours to test where water might be getting in, seemed pretty thorough so hopefully that'll solve it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got rid of it.

Goodbye, old friend... that I knew for a year :ROFLMAO:

1678325721625.png

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP