GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ohlins R&T Coilovers ***SOLD**

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
Bringing my car back to stock so will be selling my R&T coilovers. They were rebuilt and revalved by 3DM Motorsports this year. They were revalved for 9K front springs and 11K rear springs. Included will be Swift springs and also the rear will have 034 Motorsports rear shock mounts. The Ground Control camber plates will not be included in the sale. Isweep cancellers will also be included with the purchase price. I am looking to get $1800 for the coilovers not including shipping. I am in NYC and if you are local, meet up to pick up the coilovers are an option. I also have other items for sale like Stoptech ST60 355X32 BBK, Apex SM10 in 17X9 and Titan7 T-S5 in 18X18.5 for sale in the respective forums.

Attachments

• IMG_3277.jpg
    IMG_3277.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3276.jpg
    IMG_3276.jpg
    10.1 MB · Views: 170

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
What's the SKU on the coilover? MU21S1 or MU21S2? Have a Mk7 GTI and seeing if that is compatible. How many total miles on the coilovers regardless of rebuild? Probably interested in the SM10s and ST60 as well so let me gather some thoughts before PM.

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
What's the SKU on the coilover? MU21S1 or MU21S2? Have a Mk7 GTI and seeing if that is compatible. How many total miles on the coilovers regardless of rebuild? Probably interested in the SM10s and ST60 as well so let me gather some thoughts before PM.
the coilovers probably have around 35000 miles on them and around 5k miles since the rebuild. i believe these are actually the MT21 but it shouldn't matter since they have been custom valved by 3DM Motorsports for 9k and 11k springs. Just as long as the car uses 55mm diameter front struts, it will fit the car.

Last edited:

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
To anyone who is on the fence of buying these, I have Ohlins with 8k/11k springs and re-valved, and they ride great. I love mine. Firm without harshness. I've had a few friends comment similarly.

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
To anyone who is on the fence of buying these, I have Ohlins with 8k/11k springs and re-valved, and they ride great. I love mine. Firm without harshness. I've had a few friends comment similarly.
So I'm curious, I've got some coilovers currently maybe more in the budget realm (EQT) that are dual adjustable for ride height and perch. For these Ohlins, is there any concern of being single adjustable for combined ride height/perch? Since the spring is linear, I'm not really sure there is anything to worry about but figured I'd ask.

I do track this car pretty heavily and would frankly trust an Ohlin coilover more than EQT although EQT has been pretty solid so far but I only have my stock DCC to compare that was aging out at 120k miles.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
So I'm curious, I've got some coilovers currently maybe more in the budget realm (EQT) that are dual adjustable for ride height and perch. For these Ohlins, is there any concern of being single adjustable for combined ride height/perch? Since the spring is linear, I'm not really sure there is anything to worry about but figured I'd ask.

I do track this car pretty heavily and would frankly trust an Ohlin coilover more than EQT although EQT has been pretty solid so far but I only have my stock DCC to compare that was aging out at 120k miles.
they're dual adjustable because it's a one-size-fits-all strut body. you don't get more travel on the aliexpress coils just because the perch is adjustable.
normally you'd just switch to a shorter/stiffer spring, tho with ohlins they moved to a newer revision of the strut that's 20mm shorter to help accommodate the lowering most people seem to want.
i believe these are actually the MT21 but it shouldn't matter

it does matter, buyers should know if they're getting the newer shorter strut body or not.

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
they're dual adjustable because it's a one-size-fits-all strut body. you don't get more travel on the aliexpress coils just because the perch is adjustable.
normally you'd just switch to a shorter/stiffer spring, tho with ohlins they moved to a newer revision of the strut that's 20mm shorter to help accommodate the lowering most people seem to want.

it does matter, buyers should know if they're getting the newer shorter strut body or not.
guess you are right about the shorter strut body, so if you are looking to slam the car. these coilovers are not the ones that you will want. these are how i had the coilover setup, showing 18" and 17" wheels
IMG_4902.jpg
IMG_4903.jpg
AC717185-E1CB-4FFD-B984-3FBB44D7F21C 2.JPG
00485B68-4F43-47A8-AB3C-9962B05FB9D6 2.JPG

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
guess you are right about the shorter strut body, so if you are looking to slam the car. these coilovers are not the ones that you will want. these are how i had the coilover setup, showing 18" and 17" wheels
Thanks for the pics and I have no intention of slamming while running 17x255s. How much adjustment was left on the strut at those ride heights? Figure I'll ask the questions while I'm thinking of them.

Also were you using the standard 2.5" perch Ground Control camber plates or the poly ones?

Last edited:

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
Thanks for the pics and I have no intention of slamming while running 17x255s. How much adjustment was left on the strut at those ride heights? Figure I'll ask the questions while I'm thinking of them.

Also were you using the standard 2.5" perch Ground Control camber plates or the poly ones?
there was actually still over a little more than an inch of adjustment left on the strut, could have went lower but the spring will be loose and did not want to buy helper springs. you can see in the pics that they were the poly ones and not the metal ones.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R

I don't see why people were complaining about how much the car can be lowered, but then again, I'm not trying to slam the car. If you're a track guy, you know you want suspension travel, and the MT21 is fine for functional lowering. I have never experienced the EQT coilovers, but I have zero regrets buying the Ohlins I have (a used set too). Read Cliff's Grey Hare's build thread if you want to see more specs on what I bought.

I don't take many photos of my car, so sorry I don't have any better photos of how my car sits. This was the best photo I could find that wasn't in a corner compressing one side. The wheels/tires are Apex 17x9s with 255/40/17 RE-71s. I think in this photo I'm at about -2.7* camber in the front and about -2.3* rear. Running Ground Control camber plates, they had a specific perch for Ohlins IIRC. In my experience, Ground Control's normal strut tower nut is too tall and will contact the strut tower with more than -2.4* of camber. I was trying to get -3*, so I got the CSS knuckles, and that only got me to -2.7*. Ended up buying Ground Control's low profile machined nut ($25/nut!!! wtf!) and I'm now at -3*. I don't see a need to go any lower, and since my car is still a dual use daily, I like not having to worry about scraping on most driveways.

Attachments

• 1666848938737.jpeg
    1666848938737.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 76

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
No dog in this hunt, but Swift springs are fantastic. They were part of my third and final revision on my track car’s suspension. Amazing on road (and also on track) when paired with adjustable dampers or coilovers.

(640hp all-motor GTO, 3450lb curb weight, fully dialed and adjustable suspension)

GLWS, NY!

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Pm'd again. My EQT coilovers just ate my 255s since the clearance was close to the adjustment nut and generally not overly impressed so want to make the switch.