GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gateway Firmware Update

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Hi,

I'm new to ODIS and looking to update my car's gateway firmware. Does anyone have a source for the firmware file? Or better yet, link to a guide?

5Q0907530AM (or latest available)

Thanks

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
I suppose if you are able to get your hand on the firmware file (*.frf and .xml)., you use ODIS Engineering mode to upload the firmware ? or can just the ODIS will do.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Found the firmware from the link above (.odx file), now getting ODIS-E set up for the first time and should be good to go

Thanks

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Flashed the new firmware, now CP is active on the module - thought this would only happen if swapping modules from other cars. Any way to disable? Need cracked firmware or something?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's not ideal. What file did you flash? I updated my Gateway firmware and it didn't trigger CP. I didn't even have to reload the data set.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
This one from mr fix above

9D5F0E65-3464-49EB-9114-F83D27A40F04.jpeg

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
On top of that, unfortunately my FL wheel menu/back buttons still don't work (believe this should've enabled them). Working through with a vendor to resolve...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Your steering wheel module buttons need to be coded properly... but I also thought that had to do with instrument cluster software as well. Then again I might be thinking about the "View" button... who knows o_O.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Your steering wheel module buttons need to be coded properly... but I also thought that had to do with instrument cluster software as well. Then again I might be thinking about the "View" button... who knows o_O.
That sounds plausible. Any info on how this is done? VCDS or Odis?