Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
You'd likely be ok at 35%

-- Ed

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Hello friends, I was curious if someone can take a look at this datalog and lemme know if everything looks ok? I have been splashing in around 2-2.5 gallons of e85 consistently for some time. This is after a fillup with straight 91 and currently at half a tank of fuel.

I purchased the EQT e30 tune for their 4th of July sale but have yet to flash it.

https://datazap.me/u/dmsyr/burning-ethanol-1?log=0&data=23-30

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
I'm currently running a full e85 tune from EQT and was wondering how long can I constantly fill up e85? Do I have to fill up 93 octanes occasionally? Is there any recommended hardware besides 1-step colder plugs, FMIC, and upgraded HPFP?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I'm currently running a full e85 tune from EQT and was wondering how long can I constantly fill up e85? Do I have to fill up 93 octanes occasionally? Is there any recommended hardware besides 1-step colder plugs, FMIC, and upgraded HPFP?
You can run it for as long as you want and do not mix in 93 on your E85 tune.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
How long have you run it? Can I run it for let's say 1 or 2 years with no issues? Is a fuel line upgrade not necessary?
I've been running it for over 2 years without any issues so yes you can but I've upgraded my fuel line so take that into consideration.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
About to pull the trigger on an E85 map. I have a well known station for good E a mile from home. Any reason I shouldn’t blend instead?
Should I bother with the cobb TC or LC? From what I’ve researched im leaning No. I know the dreaded CEL comes with the territory now when tuning but when I switch back to my old 93 map I will still be CEL free I assume?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
About to pull the trigger on an E85 map. I have a well known station for good E a mile from home. Any reason I shouldn’t blend instead?
Should I bother with the cobb TC or LC? From what I’ve researched im leaning No. I know the dreaded CEL comes with the territory now when tuning but when I switch back to my old 93 map I will still be CEL free I assume?

You got the fueling setup for it, so no reason to bother blending. Save the headache.

The rule of thumb I've heard is R/S3, stick with oem LC\TC. GTI, go with Cobb. So no, don't bother with it.

When you scan your car, if you currently have the P0420 cat efficiency code (if your downstream O2 is plugged in), or the P0036 code from having the downstream O2 unplugged, then yes you will have the CEL with the new tune. If you don't have either of those codes in the background, then theoretically, you shouldn't have the CEL with the new tune. Either way, if you swap back to your old 93 map, it'll be the same as it is now. No CEL either way.