GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Thanks.

EQT says to run their E30 map with 30+/-3% ethanol content. I was at about 29.5% when logging.

What's DA?
Density altitude and with your temps and atmospheric pressure it is fairly high, in combination with a boost referencing tune it leaves you with more fueling headroom.

Also if you are using a continental flex sensor I have seen several people claim that they read a little high.

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
Does any one of you guys have a rear diffuser? I'm well aware that it is just for looks

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Does any one of you guys have a rear diffuser? I'm well aware that it is just for looks
Aerofabb

tempImageQQAPUs.png

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
Yeah, I heard Aerofabb makes quality parts with the best fitment. So I'm curious, how much weight does it add? I'm looking at the CJM fin style diffusers but I would like to gather all info to not have buyer's remorse :p

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yeah, I heard Aerofabb makes quality parts with the best fitment. So I'm curious, how much weight does it add? I'm looking at the CJM fin style diffusers but I would like to gather all info to not have buyer's remorse :p
That part probably weighs less than 3 pounds.

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
Many say it's a waste of money but honestly, I think it makes our cars look so much better than OEM

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I had the ECS Gloss Black one on my GTI. No issues with it. They don't make any I like for the R, so no difuser now unfortunately.

Also, why is this discussion in the EQT Tuning Q&A? 😂😂

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Density altitude and with your temps and atmospheric pressure it is fairly high, in combination with a boost referencing tune it leaves you with more fueling headroom.

Also if you are using a continental flex sensor I have seen several people claim that they read a little high.
I do indeed the continental sensor. I'll look into it, thanks.

Edit
Quick search says Continental has about 10% error. Does that mean my E contemt is in the 20-40% if sensor says 30, or is it 27-33%? I'm confused about what number those 10% are taken from.

Edit2
My continental consistently reads 10% when I'm running pure 91 gas (10% ethanol).

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I do indeed the continental sensor. I'll look into it, thanks.

Edit
Quick search says Continental has about 10% error. Does that mean my E contemt is in the 20-40% if sensor says 30, or is it 27-33%? I'm confused about what number those 10% are taken from.

Edit2
My continental consistently reads 10% when I'm running pure 91 gas (10% ethanol).
Looking at the continental doc, it's +/- 5% ethanol error. So if it says 30, it could be 25-35. Sounds like yours is calibrated fine to me tho. Personally hate the e30 mix crap, too many assumptions about content in the pump vs. the lines vs. the tank.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 12.05.56 PM.png

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R